Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting sky installed tomorrow morning and with the bad weather just now i was wondering if the guy would be going on the roof to fit a dish. A guy from work told me that they dont need to fit a dish if there is already one up. Is this true? My next door neighbor has a dish in the garden witch is about 10 feet from my window, Just wondered if he will connect it up to that with there permission.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
QUOTE(ST tyrone @ 22 Nov 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm getting sky installed tomorrow morning and with the bad weather just now i was wondering if the guy would be going on the roof to fit a dish. A guy from work told me that they dont need to fit a dish if there is already one up. Is this true? My next door neighbor has a dish in the garden witch is about 10 feet from my window, Just wondered if he will connect it up to that with there permission.

They will put up your own dish with its own LNB. Its not impossible to use your neighbours dish but they would have to change the LNB with enough outputs for both properties so for this reason they will just put up a dish of your own.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
from what i have heard you wont get a sky installer 6 foot off the ground let alone on a roof

h&s at its best

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
We had a new dish fitted last week and he put it up in the rain but I don't think they would do it in high winds.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They have their own "high up" installers that do the roof work. My mate had his done on the roof and it took them 5 goes.

Personally, if its your own house, get an independant aerial/satellite fitter to do all the fitting cable routing, these so called Sky "engineers" really dont give a
what kind of mess they leave, in and out as quick as they can. It may cost you a £100 or so but thats peanuts compared to the damage they can do. 20 year olds on bonus and 24v de Walts shouldnt be mixed together.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(telboy @ 23 Nov 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>from what i have heard you wont get a sky installer 6 foot off the ground let alone on a roof

h&s at its best

Thats what im thinking.

Its not my house and there is nowhere to put it apart from the roof and its wet today.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTEAh right, I'm guessing that they will have prob only one output.

Theres a duel LNB on the Sky+ boxes too, so two wires to run. The box has 2 receivers to do dual recording.

QUOTEdamage they can do. 20 year olds on bonus and 24v de Walts shouldnt be mixed together.

Seen some guys I see when I go drinking the other day (Right bunch of muppets lol) they were working for Sky now. You never know who you will get but you maybe ok.

Had a new SkyHD box put in (already had Sky+) and I said I want a NEW dish & LNB to replace the old rusty one, they had to come back to realign it as it was
in wind.

They were ok though, bit clueless but very polite oldish fella & his son.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts