Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the touch screen 7 inch sat nav in my 58 plate st. Is there any way I can control my ipod through the head unit. Seems a bit strange to have the connection in the glove box when you cannot skip the songs on the headunit.

Any help would be much appreciated.......

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE(carl_2007 @ 1 Dec 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no only a power outlet is in the armrest :-s

You get any where with this? I'm currently in the process of getting an i-phone 3 gs and am wondering about the same question?

·
Registered
143 Posts
As far as I am aware you can only control an ipod through the head unit if you have a usb port in the arm rest. The usb port is an option.
You can listen to the ipod through the aux port in the glovebox if you dont have a usb port.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I expect it would be fairly easy to retro-fit if you can find the right cable, I don't know any part numbers. I assume you get the same unit regardless if the USB option was fitted or not at factory. Running the cable from behind the unit to the armrest will be a pain but no reason you can't drill a small hole and site it in the glove box. That's what I did but I am using an aftermarket stereo so can't really advise on any specifics rergarding the standard one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts