Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was seriously bored yesterday with the day off, so thought I'd give my car the full works!
Took me a good few hours especially as i had to keep stopping and starting due to rain. This is going to seem like a plug for Meguiars as everything I used bar the polish and snow foam is theirs.

This was a quick picture before the car was cleaned.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

The car was then snow foamed using ph neutral and washed using Meguiars wash and wax and dryed. I was taking so long my girlfriend even ended up cleaning the inside out while i was cleaning the outside! Lucky!

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

I then clay barred the car using, yes you guessed it, Meguiars clay bar kit and quick detailer, I then polished the car using Autoglym super resin polish which i think brought out such a deep shine in the paint.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Finally i waxed the car using meguiars liquid wax, cleaned the wheels simply using the Meguiars wash and wax
as i only had them painted a couple of weeks ago.The tyres were then dressed using a tyre gel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I'd say it took me around 3 or 4 hours, just wanted to show off the hard work really haha.
The car should now be protected nicely from the salt and grit if the snow starts.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
You did all that in 3-4 hours, you need ot be in the car cleaning olympics, it takes me that long to to wash our lasses.

To be fare it looked ok to start with (the colour helps no doubt, white is terrible as shows steaks form all the run off)

Looks well but do me a favour and paint your calipers, (but keep your caliper andti rattle springs silver)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]Looks well but do me a favour and paint your calipers, (but keep your caliper andti rattle springs silver)[/background]
Thats my next job I'm thinking red or yellow, I think yellow would be very different to the usual colour but not too sure

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]You did all that in 3-4 hours, you need ot be in the car cleaning olympics, it takes me that long to to wash our lasses.[/background]

[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]To be fare it looked ok to start with (the colour helps no doubt, white is terrible as shows steaks form all the run off)[/background]
I must have washed the car about 4 times in 2 weeks as i just wanted to get a layer of wax on it for protection but it has literally just rained every single time I've finnished the wash

·
Registered
335 Posts
Cheers guys!

[background=rgb(236, 236, 236)]Wish I could get mine done in 4 hours take me longer than that just to wash and dry[/background]
Wasn't too dirty when i started, had a little help with the inside while i was doing the outside.
I did go as fast as i could in case it rained on me again haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts