Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Question about the Performance Pack

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Madpig 
#1 ·
Do I need to get the Performance pack for the pops and bangs? Or will the car still make the sounds in sport mode without the performance pack just as well?

Thanks!

#6 ·
It will still pop and bang without the performance pack.

IMO the biggest difference you'll notice is that your CCD dampers won't be adjustable, therefore you'll have a fixed stiffness which rates between the Normal and Sport mode in the performance pack cars.

I find it stiff enough in Normal mode, certainly wouldn't want it stiffer, and i don't use Sport mode because of the damper stiffness in Sport mode. Others will differ of course

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Can you not turn the damper stiffness off in sport mode ?

On the RS normal and sport damper not stiff but when you put into track mode the dampers stiffen up but you can turn it off and also in sport mode I can the damper stiffness on
No, the dampers firm up in sport mode, no option (yet) to customise that.

They get firmer again in track mode.

I find that unless it's a particularly "wavy" bad road it's perfectly comfortable in sport mode, once it settles itself.

But afaik, it will pop and bang regardless of perf pack, however as some have already said, it's a bit of a no brainer option imo.

#9 ·
Spec the Performance pack......it's only £250 ffs!

I'm willing to bet there won't be many who haven't or don't......
No, the dampers firm up in sport mode, no option (yet) to customise that.

They get firmer again in track mode.

I find that unless it's a particularly "wavy" bad road it's perfectly comfortable in sport mode, once it settles itself.

But afaik, it will pop and bang regardless of perf pack, however as some have already said, it's a bit of a no brainer option imo.
I would love to spec the perf pack ofc but the price in my country is 1.200 euros which i personally think it is a bit too much for me.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
It must be a different pack, whats included?
It's silly expensive in some countries. In Ireland it was €1500 extra for the same Performance Pack as the UK £250 offering.

If there are options in the Pack that are a must for you, then I would strongly recommend you spend the €1200, which over 3/5 years that you may have the car (5 in my case) is a small percentage of the price of the car. Yes it would be nicer if it was £250 obviously, but that is only available in the UK.

I paid for it for one reason only, I wanted the adjustable dampers. I hate firm/jittery/bouncy suspension, so for me I love the car in Normal mode (with the pipercross filter which took away the dull throttle response). I'd actually like a softer setting, but so be it, whereas if I didn't get the performance pack I'd be stuck with stiffer suspension, and then I'd hate the car.

However, if there aren't shop stoppers in the performance pack, then maybe you don't need it at all. Basically, I'd suggest thinking carefully about why you want it. I don't use launch control/rev matching/track mode etc... so I wouldn't miss those options if they weren't there.

#13 ·
There must be more in the pack if it's more expensive.

It won't be £250 in the UK for the same as a pack for €1500 in a different country.

Does CCD get moved in to the performance pack in some countries, like it does for the diesel in the UK?
I'll have a look, but i don't think so Alex. As an example of silly costs, Performance Blue was also a €1500 extra in Ireland, and it was probably alot less in the UK.

#14 ·
I'll have a look, but i don't think so Alex. As an example of silly costs, Performance Blue was also a €1500 extra in Ireland, and it was probably alot less in the UK.
Just checked it. The standard Petrol ST gets the CCD dampers in Ireland (and everywhere i believe).

The performance pack adds:

-Rev Matching

-Shift Indicator

-Launch Control

-Red painted calipers

-Multi Colour ambient lighting

-Adjustable CCD dampers

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just checked it. The standard Petrol ST gets the CCD dampers in Ireland (and everywhere i believe).

The performance pack adds:

-Rev Matching

-Shift Indicator

-Launch Control

-Red painted calipers

-Multi Colour ambient lighting

-Adjustable CCD dampers
That's why there is such a difference in price.

CCD is included on the standard petrol hatch, hence only £250 for the PP.

I still wouldn't want to be without the adaptive dampers personally, they make the car for me. But I really wanted a Jekyll and Hyde car

#16 ·
That's why there is such a difference in price.

CCD is included on the standard petrol hatch, hence only £250 for the PP.

I still wouldn't want to be without the adaptive dampers personally, they make the car for me. But I really wanted a Jekyll and Hyde car
CCD is included in the standard petrol hatch in Ireland also.

As I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong. All petrol hatches have CCD. Only cars with Performance pack adjust the damper stiffness when changing modes. I think the performance pack is the same in Ireland and the UK (other than price obviously!!!)

Like you, I wouldn't be without the adaptive dampers.

#20 ·
The red calipers and multi colour ambient lighting come as standard in UK, actually. I have a STmk4 without performance pack.The adaptive dampers also come as standard on petrol models. PP on petrol only adds track mode and launch control in UK. Hardly worth being an extra.

#23 ·
As I said in a previous thread I cannot wait to test drive the M330 version.

Assuming I can get a good deal I will be having the PP and a sunroof......why a sunroof I hear you ask?

Well, a nice breeze through the roof and, to quote Little Red Riding Hood, all the better for hearing those outrageous pops and bangs the Mountune remap gives you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.