Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to get a LSD on my Mountune ST but i'm worried about the Ford warranty. Has anyone got a Quaife equipped ST still under Ford warranty?? I have a 2008 ST that has over 1 year left of the Ford warranty and i REALLY don't want to end up getting shafted if it needed a warranty repair. Any advice??

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
don't think the diff is covered in the mountune package mate.
if your really worried about the warranty you might have to wait.
on the other hand unless any claim was for clutch or gearbox issues
ford probably won't notice the diff!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 21 Feb 2010, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>don't think the diff is covered in the mountune package mate.
if your really worried about the warranty you might have to wait.
on the other hand unless any claim was for clutch or gearbox issues
ford probably won't notice the diff!

Thats what i was thinking. Not sure if the clutch is slipping or it's spinning the wheels in 3rd and 4th from time to time. The weather has been bad so it might just be poor traction. I think a LSD would transform the performance of the ST. It's soooo easy to light up the tyres that Ford should warrant a Quaife imo. Quaife have a warranty anyway so i don't see the problem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 22 Feb 2010, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i would go for it mate. if the clutch is
they will notice it when they're fitting the diff.

...but then i'll get hit with a bill for a new clutch. A Quaife is one probably the only thing i think my car needs to make it better than my last car (ZS180). Theres no point in having XXXbhp and XXXlbft of torque if you can't lay it down. How much is a new clutch?? Surely the clutch can't be shot on an 08 plate with 16500 miles?!?!?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I had breather diaphragm fail and the car got fixed under warranty with all my mods on it. It has to be said I didn't go and confess about the mods to the dealer before reporting the problem. So it depends on what's failed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.