Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm new to the forum having just bought my '08 facelift ST225.

I've bought the car with a few mods - mainly a decat exhaust and someone's Stage 1 (I think) map, but I don't know whose. My car has just developed a bit of a misfire and I'd like to get the car back to standard map wise and go from there.

I'm based in Preston, Lancashire. Can anyone recommend the best way to get my car back to running a standard map please, without having to travel the country!?

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,621 Posts
Possibly ask a ford dealer to "update" it or if they would be willing to put back to stock. Otherwise anyone that deals with remapping should be able to do it.

But if you're happy with the performance before the misfire why put it back to stock? Just diagnose the misfire

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,671 Posts
I'd rather go standard than have a map of unknown pedigree.
Any Ford dealer will be able to reinstate the original map.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather go standard than have a map of unknown pedigree.
Any Ford dealer will be able to reinstate the original map.
...this.

I could try a Ford dealer but know what main dealers are like (useless) so would be my last port of call.

Is it possible that someone with a Dreamscience or similar could sort it or does it not work like that?

I might try a re-mapper - good plan. Will they have factory files though? Presume that's the basis of their 'coding'?

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,142 Posts
Whoever you bought it off did they tell you it was mapped cos they should know who mapped it ?

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,224 Posts
...this.

I could try a Ford dealer but know what main dealers are like (useless) so would be my last port of call.

Is it possible that someone with a Dreamscience or similar could sort it or does it not work like that?

I might try a re-mapper - good plan. Will they have factory files though? Presume that's the basis of their 'coding'?
When I bought my collins cp320 map you have to set it to standard before adding the 320 software and I occasionally put mine back to Standard and reinstall it when it starts to learn and save fuel 🙄 Andy @A and K Motorsport can help you out with a collins map bud 👍

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,142 Posts
You can only set it to standard if you know what map is on there with a handheld or laptop tho other than Ford who can wipe it out.

Im assuming you were running another map before you put CP320 on if you had to put it back to standard ??

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,224 Posts
You can only set it to standard if you know what map is on there with a handheld or laptop tho other than Ford who can wipe it out.

Im assuming you were running another map before you put CP320 on if you had to put it back to standard ??
Nah it’s just what it said in the destructions so I followed it , but yes I did need a laptop to do so , I’m assuming that when you wipe it to standard it takes off whatever map was on there regardless 🤷🏻‍♂️ I may be completely wrong that’s why I said speak to @A and K Motorsport about it he will know for sure what to do 👍

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,142 Posts
Nah it’s just what it said in the destructions so I followed it , but yes I did need a laptop to do so , I’m assuming that when you wipe it to standard it takes off whatever map was on there regardless 🤷🏻‍♂️ I may be completely wrong that’s why I said speak to @A and K Motorsport about it he will know for sure what to do 👍
Only if the device you are using has the standard map stored on it :)(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
When I bought my collins cp320 map you have to set it to standard before adding the 320 software and I occasionally put mine back to Standard and reinstall it when it starts to learn and save fuel 🙄 Andy @A and K Motorsport can help you out with a collins map bud 👍
thanks - I’ll give them a try.

Given their website suggests they sell iMaps where you can map your car from your laptop perhaps they will supply a stock map like this cost effectively?

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,224 Posts
thanks - I’ll give them a try. Their website suggests they do a map you can upload from your laptop using their supplied lead which sounds OK. £400-£500 for that.

wonder if they will supply a stock map like this cost effectively?
I don’t know if you can just get a stock map 🤔 do you not want it tuned at all once you work out what the issue is ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don’t know if you can just get a stock map 🤔 do you not want it tuned at all once you work out what the issue is ?
TBH I’m not totally sure. I fancy driving it standard for a while and then see. I did have an ST, 15 years ago from new (company car) and had it mapped straight away so fancy driving one standard for a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tbh I would try changing the plugs first making sure they are gapped correctly
I was reading up on that actually so I’ve bought a gapping tool for the plugs. Will inspect the plugs today for condition and then gap them when the tool arrives next day or so. Also reading that boost solenoid could be an issue, MAF and leaky pipes…

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,111 Posts
Dont go back to the Stock map - the car will feel even worse ! :(

(Remapped to) c.260bhp is how the ST should've been from the factory. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I suppose some of the reason for wanting to go back to stock for a while is another car I've currently got. In the history file is a top-end rebuild on the engine due to a 'faulty map' it states. 12 months earlier there is a receipt in the file for a remap from someone. I think I'd rather just go back to standard, go through the car and make sure all is well, and then remap in the future.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts