Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just discovered my nearside front tyre is flat.. tried pumping it up to get me to local tyre repair place but with no joy , so now I am stranded at home. No spare just the continental repair gunk but if i use that then it's definitely a new tyre cos it renders them unrepairable.
I'm working tonight so now i'm going to have to borrow her car, stay up in the morning, take her to work, try and get the wheel off (no jack or wheel brace of course), take the wheel and see if it can be repaired.

I am getting seriously disallusioned with this car.. 2 new tyres, alternator and parking sensors in 6 months grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(Davecl @ 16 Dec 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just discovered my nearside front tyre is flat.. tried pumping it up to get me to local tyre repair place but with no joy , so now I am stranded at home. No spare just the continental repair gunk but if i use that then it's definitely a new tyre cos it renders them unrepairable.
I'm working tonight so now i'm going to have to borrow her car, stay up in the morning, take her to work, try and get the wheel off (no jack or wheel brace of course), take the wheel and see if it can be repaired.

I am getting seriously disallusioned with this car.. 2 new tyres, alternator and parking sensors in 6 months grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

get yourself a space saver and chuck the gunk in the bin.

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
Ah, you have tested Sods Law. You knew it was best not to use the gunk and the car didn't have a spare and yet you didn't do anything about it. The puncture was therefore inevitable under the Law.

You still have my sympathy though.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Davecl @ 16 Dec 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the offers of spares .. question.. would any old 5 stud wheel do as an emergency spare?
Not certain if they will all clear the front discs depending which corner, mine's an 18 incher so will be ok.

Some mondeo wheels will probably do the job too (or X-type jag) as they are the samw 5x108 stud pattern. If you do get smaller than 18" and need to sort a front puncture you could always swap a good rear onto the front and put the temp spare on the rear instead, just means swapping 2 wheels over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.