Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all bought my st recently and had many problems most have been solved really well with all your support and thanks for that.. I had another problem to day in that i got a puncture and had to be transported by break down truck. This could have been avoided if the Ford dealer garage had checked this car and found the puncture kit was empty as it had been used up (the car also has stickers from this site on it so must have been owned by a club member). Can someone tell me the best place to buy the kit from please?

thanx all

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 25 Dec 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all bought my st recently and had many problems most have been solved really well with all your support and thanks for that.. I had another problem to day in that i got a puncture and had to be transported by break down truck. This could have been avoided if the Ford dealer garage had checked this car and found the puncture kit was empty as it had been used up (the car also has stickers from this site on it so must have been owned by a club member). Can someone tell me the best place to buy the kit from please?

thanx all

Forget that tyre gunk poo stuff & get yourself a spacesaver spare ,

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 26 Dec 2009, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rich

I have been put off with these kind of temporary repair kits due to the damaged caused to the tyre.

Is it right that this kit does not damage it.

Tony

As far as I know Tony, this kit is water based and so can be simply washed out when you get to the tyre place and the tyre repaired if needed.

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
QUOTE(Davecl @ 26 Dec 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as I know Tony, this kit is water based and so can be simply washed out when you get to the tyre place and the tyre repaired if needed.

QUOTE(troy45 @ 26 Dec 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Correctamundo

Yep, just washes out.

Plus the compressor is only used to reinflate the tyre (you manually squeze the slime in to the tyre) so it will, unlike the Conti kit, work.

It's a perfect colour match for my car too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all so far can anyone tell me how much it would cost to have the spare and all the required tools please? I believe this would have been an option at time of purchase and would require extra bits?

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 27 Dec 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks all so far can anyone tell me how much it would cost to have the spare and all the required tools please? I believe this would have been an option at time of purchase and would require extra bits?

You can buy OE parts to convert your boot to take a space saver wheel, but in doing so you loose quite a lot of boot space, along with the wheel carrier you will also need to buy an apropriate jack and wheel brace.

Bearing in mind the space saver is as it says, its not a full sized wheel 15 or 16 inch and very thin
and IIRC your top speed should not exceed 50MPH when using it.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.