Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 26 Feb 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>does anyone think this is their new design

i think this may be why my car would seem to hold back when flooring it (not that i do
)

big thanks to ads for sorting me out the new pro-alloy strs cooler as a replacement

WTF has happened to that??

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 26 Feb 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>does anyone think this is their new design

i think this may be why my car would seem to hold back when flooring it (not that i do
)

big thanks to ads for sorting me out the new pro-alloy strs cooler as a replacement

Tony let me know how the car feels with the new one please.

mines the same.

·
Banned
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dave and gardener - the cores have blown out because of the boost pressures and because they not the best coolers in the world. adam knows what i mean

phil - the car feels sooooo much more responsive. basically before i fitted the new one, the car felt like it had a mix of miss-fire and turbo lag and then the boost would kick in, and all you need to do now is tap the throttle and you have instant boost pressure.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 26 Feb 2010, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dave and gardener - the cores have blown out because of the boost pressures and because they not the best coolers in the world. adam knows what i mean

phil - the car feels sooooo much more responsive. basically before i fitted the new one, the car felt like it had a mix of miss-fire and turbo lag and then the boost would kick in, and all you need to do now is tap the throttle and you have instant boost pressure.

Cheers Tony, mine doesn't look as bad as yours? but untill its off the car i can't tell???

·
Banned
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had no idea it had pushed the top out until i got it off the car.

its worth getting it changed asap as when i first noticed it only 1 core had gone on the bottom, and then when i was at pumabuild last week 3 had gone! and that was in 3 months!!

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 26 Feb 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i had no idea it had pushed the top out until i got it off the car.

its worth getting it changed asap as when i first noticed it only 1 core had gone on the bottom, and then when i was at pumabuild last week 3 had gone! and that was in 3 months!!

Same with mine Tony, looks like the bottom core, at least thats all i can see?

·
Banned
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there are two ways you can tell if the bottom is getting worse

1 - look through your bottom grille with a torch

2 - look under your car at the bumper deflector (infront of the main undertray) and you will see it pushed down, mine was down about 4 inches!

other than that get the car up in the air and remove both undertrays and have a look

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 26 Feb 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>there are two ways you can tell if the bottom is getting worse

1 - look through your bottom grille with a torch

2 - look under your car at the bumper deflector (infront of the main undertray) and you will see it pushed down, mine was down about 4 inches!

other than that get the car up in the air and remove both undertrays and have a look

Yeah i have looked and its has changed shape, but does that cause it to stop working? i know it looks weird. But does that mean it broken inside?

·
Registered
130 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 26 Feb 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah i have looked and its has changed shape, but does that cause it to stop working? i know it looks weird. But does that mean it broken inside?

MINE WENT JUST LIKE THAT
SENT IT BACK TO PROFILE AND GARY SENT IT BACK TO CODE RED FOR A REPLACEMENT AS I WAS TOLD THE EARLY ONES HAD PROBLEMS SO WE WILL SEE HOW THIS ONE GOES

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(big kev @ 26 Feb 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MINE WENT JUST LIKE THAT
SENT IT BACK TO PROFILE AND GARY SENT IT BACK TO CODE RED FOR A REPLACEMENT AS I WAS TOLD THE EARLY ONES HAD PROBLEMS SO WE WILL SEE HOW THIS ONE GOES

How long ago was that Kev?

·
Banned
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 26 Feb 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah i have looked and its has changed shape, but does that cause it to stop working? i know it looks weird. But does that mean it broken inside?

yeah its broken inside. it still works but you'll notice the difference one you get your new one fitted

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.