Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently be advised to start using firefox instead of windows explorer. Our resident IT guy at work says it so much safer blah blah blah. And it seems to be fine apart from on this website where i now have to click Toggle HTML code in order to type and i can no longer use the smiley faces etc... Any ideas otherwise its back to windows emplorer for me

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
... your post has a smiley in it there, do they just not show up as you write the post? Doesn't really matter does it so long as the smiley comes out in the post?

There was a thread not so long ago where somebody else was whinging about the crapness (and rightly so) of firesux, is this what are experiencing too? http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Can-t-Post...led-t62528.html

If it was me I'd just stick ot IE8. Unless you go to the places like www.givemeavirusimheavlyretarded.com your machine isn't suddenly going to explode and expose all your most precious of informations to those mysterious (and somehow magical) hackers who can just take control of your machine whenever they want

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only swapped because i was told that its more secure than WE and that its not full of so many bugs. Yes i know my post had a smiley but i did that using keyboard and it just came out like that???

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
QUOTE(theboy @ 14 Feb 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have recently be advised to start using firefox instead of windows explorer. Our resident IT guy at work says it so much safer blah blah blah. And it seems to be fine apart from on this website where i now have to click Toggle HTML code in order to type and i can no longer use the smiley faces etc... Any ideas otherwise its back to windows emplorer for me

I thought you meant Clint !

·
Registered
260 Posts
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 14 Feb 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was a thread not so long ago where somebody else was whinging about the crapness (and rightly so) of firesux, is this what are experiencing too? http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Can-t-Post...led-t62528.html
I wasn't whinging about Firefox in that post.

It is down to the forum software (Invision) who can't integrate a WYSIWYG editor that works across all browsers properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.