Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Why can't i reply to pm's or post on the for sale section????? This new format is pants!!! I was in the middle of a sale and now it's all gone to
!!! Thank you very much STOC!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The for sale section has been read only for ages mate, nothing to do with the new software.

Thanks for the input though.
How about pm's??? I can't reply which if you havn't guessed has cost me a sale!!!!! Having only just become a full member i am pee'd off to say the least. I can't see how you can move the goal posts after people have paid money for a product/service they no longer get!!!! I am a member of several other car forums and this is by far the most complicated i have come across. WHY IS IT NOT SIMPLE????????

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I'm struggling here, are you asking for a little help or just wanting to have a rant?

All your PM's are still there, click on "Messanger" at the top of the page.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Why don't you just pm your potential buyer? - as the site was down for an upgrade then they wouldn't be able to get on either.

The goalpost have hardly been moved - just redecorated and improved.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How about pm's??? I can't reply which if you havn't guessed has cost me a sale!!!!! Having only just become a full member i am pee'd off to say the least. I can't see how you can move the goal posts after people have paid money for a product/service they no longer get!!!! I am a member of several other car forums and this is by far the most complicated i have come across. WHY IS IT NOT SIMPLE????????
IPB is far and away the best forum software on the market but coming from other forums with different software you will naturally take time to adjust. Stick with it you'll be glad you did. It's also due some tweaks very shortly which should improve usability. The version installed here is an early release of a complete rebuild of the software base.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YYAAAYYYY my pm has been allowed at last. I still don't see why this forum is so much more difficult than other forums. Nothing against the members etc but it's all so long winded and moderated to death imo.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
YYAAAYYYY my pm has been allowed at last. I still don't see why this forum is so much more difficult than other forums. Nothing against the members etc but it's all so long winded and moderated to death imo.
If you can name the individual that put a gun to your head and forced you to join we will execute them immediately.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What "other forums" are you talking about? Can you give an example of what you mean by "so long winded and modertated to death"?

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
First of all the for sale section have been read only well before you joined also the rules on avoiding the swear filter and personal attacks have not changed so this topic is now closed.

How is that for moderation.

·
Founder (retired)
2,057 Posts
The fact that you have put up a thread moaning about something that is no different the before the upgrade would suggest you were not familiar with the set up before hand.

If you can suggest a way I can make the MY SETTINGS button more clear above the club logo, OR the MYSTOC which clearly shows PM INBOX in the sub menu, then please provide 'constructive' feedback on how we can improve it, rather than winding everyone up with nothing but non constructive moaning, not to mention comments I find personally frustrating, being as I've spent over 14hours upgrading this club.

Your ability to send and receive PM has always been active, however rather than take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with the new layout and find the button, you've moaned.

I would also like to point out the use of the club forums is a privilege... your membership does not pay rights to the forum, its provides you with attractive discounts from our sponsors and access to shows... the fact you get additional features and forum access is a bonus.

If you've joined the club to make friends, believe me you're going about it the wrong way. I'll stand by what Alb has said, you're not being forced to come on here, if its as bad as you seem to think.... leave... otherwise stay, enjoy the club and help us to improve on it with constructive feedback.

Anymore swearing and/or rude comments towards staff/members and consider your £10 wasted as you will be banned, this is your first and final warning... how's that for over moderated for you?

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.