Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a bit of a issue with the screen between the dials. the orange screen is not going off. it used to stay on for ages which isnt a problem but has caused a flat battery twice in a month. anyone experienced this or know of a fix?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The dash display on mine stays on for ages, I'd get your battery drop tested first, then down the route of a battery drain. The cold brings out the worst in your battery.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,228 Posts
Yes they do stay on for a long time, but if it is draining the battery ,the battery must be shot or have no charge in it from only doing short journeys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just put a brand new one in and the monitor drained it in a few days. was thinking maybe as it was run to flat may have some fault codes lingering around needing clearing. i cant see any menu to change. coulde be a hidden one i suppose.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've also had cheap batteries that have sat on a shelf, and don't hold a charge properly because of it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bluetooth hands free are favourites.you would be surprised how fast a small drain with discharge a battery.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Alternator on its way out possibly, if its not charging the battery up then everytime you use the car it will be flattening the battery

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
How old is the battery? They do just die. I had one on my old Discovery which was fine, started it up one day no problem, drove it, turned it off for 5 mins and when I tried to restart the car, the battery had died

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My mates was doing this, would pull the battery down over a few days, dash stayed on all the time, I think it ended up being one of the door switches or tailgate switch not letting the electrics go to sleep. He's away at the mo so I can't ask him.

·
Registered
800 Posts
They do stay on a long time though and i don't think there's any way of changing it.

Sometimes mine goes off after 10 mins, other times it takes upto an hour to go off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts