1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys

06 plate 34k miles ST3

Few problems....

1) car started making a horrible whining / whistling noise.... more prenounced at idle....
2) next was down on power
3) engine light pops on ? (possible limp mode)

also now ive noticed turbo guage only goes to the first mark?

i reset the ecu last night by disconnecting battery for 2 hours and i had full power again so im relieved it isnt the turbo... idea's?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Could be the Oil Recirc diaphram has gone - if it's still making the noise try pulling the dipstick out while it's running and if the noise goes away or there's loads of pressure there then that's what you're looking at. Same if you try it with the filler cap. Your car is old enough to have the earlier design of diaphram which is known to fail.

Otherwise you could be looking at an alternator that's on its way out

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it could be the oil diaphram...

car isnt booked into garage until next tue.... is it alright to use it until then?
or does it need sorted asap?

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
i thought it could be the oil diaphram...

car isnt booked into garage until next tue.... is it alright to use it until then?
or does it need sorted asap?
If it is the oil diaphram I would asdvise not to use the car, if you HAVE to use it go slow and stay off boost. Gardener blew his camshaft seals when his oil diaphram went

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it is the oil diaphram I would asdvise not to use the car, if you HAVE to use it go slow and stay off boost. Gardener blew his camshaft seals when his oil diaphram went
uhoh

not too good then!

anyone did a diy on it tho replace as ford are making my pi55 boil atm?
i have to travel 60 miles to garage

cheers

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
If it is the oil diaphram here's a "how to" guide to replace the housing ----------> LINKY

The diaphram is contained within the unit
not to sure if you have to replace the whole thing though

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
You have to replace the whole unit as Ford don't sell the diaphram on its own, it is a pretty straight forward job to do. The housing will come with a new oil filter so if it was me I would be doing an oil change at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts