Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have privacy glass fitted as I think the car suits it but I dont want the film they use, I want the tinted glass.

Can anyone advise on the best place to get this done, how much it was and whether it was any good. (I've a 3 door ST-3 in black) I've heard a few stories about them replacing windows which then dont seal properly but I think if yo uget it done properly this shouldn't be an issue. Do you get a discount if they then keep your clear windows??

Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE(Wiggy @ 27 Nov 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd like to have privacy glass fitted as I think the car suits it but I dont want the film they use, I want the tinted glass.

Can anyone advise on the best place to get this done, how much it was and whether it was any good. (I've a 3 door ST-3 in black) I've heard a few stories about them replacing windows which then dont seal properly but I think if yo uget it done properly this shouldn't be an issue. Do you get a discount if they then keep your clear windows??

Cheers

Sounds like a lot of hassle and unnecessary cost for the job to be done when they can just use film?

Whats the problem with using the film? I had my black ST done and it looked good, and they dont bubble/crack if you have it done right.

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,178 Posts
QUOTE(Wiggy @ 27 Nov 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd like to have privacy glass fitted as I think the car suits it but I dont want the film they use, I want the tinted glass.

CheersTo stay "legal" you can only have the rears done anyway can't you? Agree with Shane, Using film on rears, fitted by right people, is fine, especially fitted on rear sides of a 3 door

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
WiggyGive Danny a bellI have had my last 3 cars done there.Unit 5 WHSStation RdHalfway SheffieldS20 3GSTel: 07976 973850 - DannyTell him Tony with that Orange ST has given you his number and he will look after you. I thing the last 5 door he did all the rear was £90 that is for 5 pieces of glass for dandyfat.QUOTE(trevorb @ 28 Nov 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To stay "legal" you can only have the rears done anyway can't you? Agree with Shane, Using film on rears, fitted by right people, is fine, especially fitted on rear sides of a 3 doorYes mate to stay legal it is onlt the back you can have done.

·
Registered
648 Posts
privacy glass looks so much better than tint

i have tint and i hate the white line where the chequors are!!!

there is a guy on here that works for ford and he got retrofitted privacy glass for his car

i asked my local ford dealer, and they said they didnt do it!!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 28 Nov 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>privacy glass looks so much better than tint

i have tint and i hate the white line where the chequors are!!!

there is a guy on here that works for ford and he got retrofitted privacy glass for his car

i asked my local ford dealer, and they said they didnt do it!!!!

You are right mate privacy is better but it is all down to cost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts