Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking around auto -trader and cant believe the prices of an ,
st-3 , estate , petrol , 35000 mls approx. , same as mine , i bought mine for £18750.00 nearly 4 yrs ago ( 32mths ) from FORD -Lookers , so not a back street tin pot. and they are selling for between £17000 and £21000...dependent on service history and in particular , mileage...crazy!!
Would you pay nearly £20000 for a 4/5yr old car...?What's so special...its a ford. though nice to know i haven't lost a bucket loads on it..

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
Covid induced shortages in the global supply chain of semi-conductors, has bolstered the residual values of used vehicles. Of late though, prices appear to be softening and the values of some models are falling back to nearer their 'true' worth, as manufacturing of automotive components gets back on track. Ultimately though, if you cannot source a new car (but you need one) then options are limited to purchasing a used item. Capitalist/consumerist market forces determine prices on the basis of supply and demand. Apparently peoples' desire to avoid travelling on public transport (to avoid/minimise contact with others due to concerns about contracting Covid) has also stimulated sales in the used car market, further exacerbating the inflated price issue.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
the problem is that its a good time to sell due to prices being good but then you need to find a replacement car and its a bad time to buy
ideal if you can sell now and wait a yr or so before buying another

1 - 4 of 4 Posts