Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently i have noticed that when i start my car from cold the oil pressure on the boost pod is reading higher than usual , it will sit just below the 5 mark and when slightly touch the accelerator or drive anywherethe needle will go to the max , this normally happens until i have been driving for a while it settles to its normal place, Is this just due to the cold or something i should investiagte ?

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Take no notice of the dials anyway, they lie dormant syphilis!

They are just a raw calculation taken from the sensors and are not indicative of the true pressure, much the same as the temperature and boost pressure guages are not accurate either

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Take no notice of the dials anyway, they lie dormant syphilis!

They are just a raw calculation taken from the sensors and are not indicative of the true pressure, much the same as the temperature and boost pressure guages are not accurate either
Yeh i'll 2nd that!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
i have this problem, my temp dial wnt rise and the pressure 1 wont go below 4 ????
Do you mean they stay there even after a long drive, and apparently the oil is still cold and pressure is high?

I've had this on the odd occasion, from what i've been told it is one of the common faulty sensors somewhere in the engine, however mine seems to do it for a day of two then start working again. When this happens mine also seems to not bother using the choke when doing a cold start and just settles straight to 700ish rpm idle. Did it for a couple of days under warranty so finished work on the 2nd day, sat in my car booked it into the garage, started the car and everything began to function as per normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts