Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
This might be a stupid question but here we go. i recently had a puncher on the side wall of my 2010 st because of a pot hole!!. After i hit it decided to check my tyre, soon as I got out of the car could hear the air rushing out but nothing came up on the dash about lose of pressure? Got a new tyre fitted today and now a message has come on the dash saying I should check my tyres..... Confused to why it Didnt come up before, any ideas?

Many thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
It uses the abs to work out if the tyres are flat so you have to drive it. Now you have had it repaired you need to hold the reset tyre pressures on the dash

·
Registered
786 Posts
Did you stop almost straight after hitting the pothole?

If I'm correct I think the pressure system on the ST works by calculating the rotational speed of the tyres, so if you stopped immediately then the system wouldn't have picked up any change because the tyres would not have been rotating. And now that you have the new tyre fitted which will be pumped up to a different pressure than the previous one the sensor has triggered as the rotational speed of the new tyre is different!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when I noticed it tried using the sealant to seal but I think with being the side wall Didnt work would this of changed things? Drove it bk to works car park to leave it over night at a very slow pace (5mph) and still nothing came up on the dash. Does it have to be a sercent speed?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How u manage to get a bolt in there! Would of been a gd comedy picture :). The beauty of working at a garge, would love ramps. Do u know anything about bf Goodrich tyres?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some people are installing air conditioning in a bank opposit and I parked where they had been found lots of screws and bolts punctured a customers tyre to. Don't sell many bf Goodrich tyres more continental/ Pirelli but our supplier says there good and recommends them to us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts