Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting the hunt a little early to get some backround on my first ST.

looking for any Pros and Cons to paying a little extra for the facelift moddle. Apart from the looks as i love them both but the newer 1 just caught my eye as the 1s i was looking at was 07 with under 20,000 miles but for not much more you can pick up the new shape.

Thanks in advance

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
you pays your money you makes your choice matey. personally i prefer the pre facelift, as imo its a little more aggressive looking. but there are loads of people on here that will prefer the facelift. if you prefer the newer model, go for it mate, the st will always put a smile on your face, its a brill little car

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh thought that might be the kind of reply cause i couldnt find any major changes from Pre and Post.

My friend said exactly that about the aggressive look on the older 1s.

Is going for a car with under 20,00 the right decission or is that just personal choice? again.

·
Registered
662 Posts
under 20K is again personal choice.
A car under 20K which has been ragged would be a worse purchase than a car which has done 30K and been loved and cared for etc etc.

There are quite a number of cosmetic differences between pre & post facelift - nothing mechanical though. One obvious one is the key free starter button which is nice, the carbon look dash etc.

I personally prefer the facelift for a number of reasons and think it will hold its resale slightly better for when it comes to sell on - especially if there is yet another shape on the market by then.

But as Stingy said, it's all personal choice - which ever you get you will no doubt love it to bits!!

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Defo pre-facelift as stated above
has more "presence" than the facelift ones which can be difficult to tell apart from standard Focuses IMO

Although lol(Save myself here), I'll be trading my 57 plate pre-facelift ST3 for a 10 plate facelift model soon

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
let me know when you going to be doing that i may be interested in a cash sale. if the price is right of course.

Ill have to get sorted and becoe a payed member so that i can see you car though

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pre face lift without a doubt as stated above more aggressive styling and easier to spot from the other Focus`s that try to be a ST!

There are some very low mileage ones out there - bought mine back in October last year (jeez how much fun have I had since then!
) 12k on the clock and three years old.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well bbg the only thing i would say is leave St1 alone n go for a St2 or St3 only being you get the heated front screen n also lights upgrade then st3 add heated leather seats.. Im a lucky boy ive got the St3 n dare i say it the facelift version... But as the guy's say you pays yer money etc n if you dont do anything else get it mountuned its awesome!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
me personally i like the facelift and pre but it does depend on the colour..... gray black silver and orange suits the pre facelift where blue white i think suits the facelift so much better i went for a orange one and ended forlking out a few grand more when i seen my pb facelift i went for the st2 prefer the cloth seats think they look more sporty also get 5 seats, but all in all its your choice either way brilliant car

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(B_H100 @ 13 Jan 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've got a facelift, however I previously had the pre-facelift.

Having had both I'd say go for the facelift. Especially if it's a 2010 spec with all the extras as standard.

what extras are now standard?

I like both models, the only reason i went for the pre is because i was not keen on the carbon effect and the extra money in my opinion was not worth it. Saying that i would of liked the button start

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I prefer the looks of the prefacelift but some distance, as said, it looks much meaner in someone's rear view mirror.
Having said that though, I'm quite a fun of a push button start.

The choice, my friend, she is yours. Any
will make you smile a tad

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
i have a facelift (from new) and although i like the preface lift model i profer the facelift given the choise, im not keen on the fog light surrounds on the old shape. That said always get what you can aford, you'll enjoy it more if you can comfotly aford it rather than squeezing your finances for the facelift model.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeh iv got my eye on an ST-3. looked hard and thought about it but still havnt decided between pre or post gunna have to go and have a look in the flesh of both and may be test drive them. (excuse to have a shot) looks like its £1500-£2000 more for facelist over Pre based on miles and colour but i have decided its Blue all the way as white is a little bit impractle as im also in to motorcross so it will get minging after driving to the events. (Wont be towing my own bike) I do like the push button start as my girlfriends got it on her mini but it wouldnt be the decideing factor.

is there a differance in Blue STs pre and post? the pre looks like a puroley blue metalic and the Post looks like different shade or is that just to do with the pictures people have been taking?

cheers again guy especialy as im not paid up yet been a great help so far. hopefully it wont be to long befor i sort my car out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've got a pre-facelift which I love but if I had the money I would have got the facelift. Both look great but I think the facelift looks just a bit more "up to date", but as others have said, the pre-facelift is a bit more aggressive looking.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.