Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Does anyone use pre icer on windscreen before a frosty night? Does it work? If so, would it work spraying on folding mirrors so that the motors arent forced in a morning? Cheers Pete

·
Premium Member
Mk3 Sabre 350R ST366
292 Posts
Don't know about pre-icer, but to alleviate the problem of frozen mirrors you can (on the Mk3 anyway) press the small interior button located adjacent to the mirror adjuster toggle switch and pre-fold the mirrors in before getting out and locking the car with the fob. Then when you unlock the car, the mirrors stay folded until you choose to actuate them by re-pressing the small interior button (once things have warmed up/thawed). When the cold spell is over you can revert back to normal.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,000 Posts
I'm not sure if it was an option or standard fit but my mk2 st has a heated front screen, as does the puma. Makes defrosting effortless, also no chemicals being sprayed all over the car / atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
1,688 Posts
I'm not sure if it was an option or standard fit but my mk2 st has a heated front screen, as does the puma. Makes defrosting effortless, also no chemicals being sprayed all over the car / atmosphere.
I’m not sure either but I thought from titanium x up the heated screen was standard

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,306 Posts
I thought all Fords have heated front screen one of only a few manufactures who do this.
Also heated front and rear screens activate automatically without pressing the button when temp is 4 degrees or lower.

·
Premium Member
Grumpy Pete - Mk 2 PFL CP320
182 Posts
The reason Ford have heated Front screens, and some other marques when they owned them (I think there was an agreement to allow the other marques to have them when Ford sold them) is Ford hold the patent.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,971 Posts
Hi. Does anyone use pre icer on windscreen before a frosty night? Does it work? If so, would it work spraying on folding mirrors so that the motors arent forced in a morning? Cheers Pete
Does your heated windscreen not actually work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts