Ford Focus ST Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

· Registered
ST225 modified
5,360 Posts
I am pleasantly suprised with the engine sound of my 'new' (2008) F/L ... its has so much more of the 5-pot off-beat growl than my old car..
although it is also really smooth and refined at the same time ...

I never used get what people were going on about with my old ST... it sounded good but not like a quattro like the magazines used to say...

But my FL ST sounds amazing when its given a blast: inside I get the full noise, like a much bigger engine... plus I can also hear the roar from the exhaust much better as well ... and I can see by pedestrians reactions as I pass

Maybe the symposer wasnt attached properly on my old car, or Ford have improved the later cars for a better sound ... whatever the reason I'm really suprised at the difference...

My car also has the same DS re-map and performance is pretty equal but there is virtually no turbo whistle ... but them the car is only on Perf+ and has only done 11k miles so might still need loosening up a bit more !

· Registered
728 Posts
I am blessed to have the opportunity to own an st. Whenever i see a pf or fl model i always smile as they look the nuts. If i hadnt have found ours at that period in time, i would own a facelift model, as ironically, three weeks after buying our 57 plate st3, an 08 st3 in blue with 5 doors came up for sale at a local independant, with identical mileage and price!

Funny old world, we waited months for a blue 5 door st3 to come up then two come up within a month.

The focus st rules. I love ours! I want to lick it!

· Registered
252 Posts
Both great cars and everyone to themselves but my opinion is that the pfl is the original st and will always look tougher than the fl and the fl looks more standard as it stands but once they have been modded like zunsport darker grills and darker wheels they do look really good!

· Premium Member
1,107 Posts
The only reason I went fl is I really don't like the pfl front top grill,really not kean on the look of it,but saying that if my fl never came up then i would have bought a pfl in blue so no biggy either way but like most have said I'm just lucky to own a st and that's what we all own so all good

· Registered
Grumpy Pete - Mk 2 PFL CP320
322 Posts
You might now hold the record for the oldest thread responded to, but Alb will confirm…😊

I own a 57 plate PFL ST3 My mate owns a 08 FL ST2 Same engine's gearbox As a few have said the PFL for me just looks more aggressive on the front than the standard front end FL models looks like a normal focus

81 - 100 of 100 Posts