Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

· Registered
8,048 Posts
Facelift for me. it just looks better espeically at the front. sure its similar to the rest of the focus range due to the "kenetic" design but standing out in a crowd isnt important to me.

As for the point about weight , i'd take those kerb weights with a pinch of salt. I resently had my car corner weighted when i had the coilovers fitted, the car comes out the same as Jonnys pre-facelift stripped out (but with all the other mods) both cars were arround the 1400kg mark.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
since i started the topic i say pre facelift all day long. all you FL owners are jealous your not as cheap as us and that the money we didnt waste on a FL we spent on hookers and vodka ! end of disscusion.

· Registered
182 Posts
Definitely facelift for me..

I was almost about to buy a pre facelift but I bought the pre facelift fiesta st before my focus and regretted it so much!

I prefer the lights and love the diffuser and newer fog lights

· Registered
1,462 Posts
I would have liked to have owned the FL for the centre console and front end, however budget didn't allow. I don't dislike the PFL however, they're both awesome cars
Imo you have hit the nail on the head.

You buy a PFL if you cant strench to a FL.

If you can afford a FL why would you wanna buy a old dated shape when you can have a more modern
shape with a nicer interior which is a far newer car

· Registered
128 Posts
Personally speaking I am just happy that I have an St whether it be PF or FL.
Agree with that. Also yesterday I had for the 2nd time in two weeks a bloke stopping his car at the front of my house and asking me if I would sell him my Focus. It's a 6 year-old prefacelift for Christ's sake! When things like that happen there is absolutely no sense of frustration in owning a 'pre-facelift'!!

· Registered
51 Posts
pre for me but do like some of the features on the FL like the LED tail lights & rear diffuser. I think the pre alloys are better than the FL, just like the fatter spokes.

must admit though if i need to change to a 5 door i would go the FL route. no other car can match the ST imho, does everything i want & more.

thinking of changing my rear tail lights to the facelift but dont really want to cut wires etc.

· Registered
209 Posts
Imo you have hit the nail on the head.

You buy a PFL if you cant strench to a FL.

If you can afford a FL why would you wanna buy a old dated shape when you can have a more modern
shape with a nicer interior which is a far newer car
Dont agree with this at all, i could have easily afforded a facelift, but i opted for pre facelift because i prefer its looks, in the same way i'd always choose an EP3 type R over an FN2 Type R, it isnt all down to money, it's also down to personal preference. I spent 8k on my pre FL, i could have had a FL for 10k, so hardly a massive difference in the overall scheme of things.

· Previously IanNZar
548 Posts
Considering we all own the same car doesnt really matter does it, everyone has their own opinion, obvious it was going to lead into a "mine is better than yours" topic this is my opinion we all own the same car and we all think it has something special else we wouldnt of brought one
, imagine if the VXR owners club seen this arguing hahaha

Come On Guys

· Registered
209 Posts
Considering we all own the same car doesnt really matter does it, everyone has their own opinion, obvious it was going to lead into a "mine is better than yours" topic this is my opinion we all own the same car and we all think it has something special else we wouldnt of brought one
, imagine if the VXR owners club seen this arguing hahaha

Come On Guys
Completely agree, i have no issue at all with the facelift, i think they look pretty nice, just not my cup of tea, probably because i spent years in awe of the pre-facelift version so when it came to buying one that was the natural choice, what ive looked at and thought "i'd love one of them" for years.

· Previously IanNZar
548 Posts
as i say everyone will have their own taste and opinion the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same, seems pointless people arguing on a Forum that Celebrates the FOCUS ST weather it be Pre facelift or Facelift, lets stop the Bickering and Enjoy our cars and the Owners Club

· Registered
3,141 Posts
I dont agree with "PFL owners really want FL but can't afford it", although certainly it may be true in some instances. I'd suggest that the PFL is actually the more popular of the two, certainly based on exterior aesthetics, but certainly not in my case.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
as i say everyone will have their own taste and opinion the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same, seems pointless people arguing on a Forum that Celebrates the FOCUS ST weather it be Pre facelift or Facelift, lets stop the Bickering and Enjoy our cars and the Owners Club
Has there even been any 'arguing'?

41 - 60 of 100 Posts