Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just bought a focus st3 07 plate, i was trying to decide for some time wheather to buy get the facelift model or the pre facelift, but the deciding facot was the price was alot more and i think the pre facelift looks more like an st should. what does anyone else think ?

· Registered
4,923 Posts
All personal opinion matey.

Facelift looks sleeker and "nicer", pre looks more aggressive (especially with black grilles). Facelift looks almost identical to the zetec s, and it's easier to see that the pre is a more "special" version of the focus.

Prefacelift also weighs significantly less than the facelift. (120kg difference between a 3 door pre and a 5 door facelift ie pre weighs almost 10 percent less than the fl)) so is bound to be slightly faster.

· Registered
94 Posts
I think the pre face lift looks allot more aggressive, but if i could have afforded it, i would have bought a face lift model. I owned a facelift titanium diesel and i liked the curves on the front but when looking at the facelift ST it looked a bit more 'normal run of the
Mill car' compared to the styling of the pre facelift.

Allot of it depends on the colour aswell, I think a white facelift looks better than a white pre face etc

· Registered
128 Posts
If the facelift was the same price as the pre-facelift, I wouldn't buy it. That's how much I dislike it: although features like fog lights and headlamps are sleeker and more modern, I think it looks altogether fatter and more sensible - as mofisto said: less aggressive. I especially dislike the kind of lip they placed on the boot lid, it looks like fat on a woman's back!
However some of the options non-existent on the pre- make it slightly tempting...

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fat on a women's back, love it haha. yeah the only bits i do wish i had was the push button start and spedo but i just got one off ebay for £35 compared to 2k extra for the facelift, the personal touches you do will look so much better as well.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts