Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im awaiting an offer letter to come through the post at the mo after almost 2 months of waiting..lol
Anyone else put in a claim..it seems a lot of people are having success'

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
My claim took over a year, probably would have been a lot quicker if I'd done it myself, but I did it before it was 'popular' so to speak and didn't really know any better and used a third party who charged me 25%. Still, the £3500 I got paid off a credit card

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im awaiting an offer letter to come through the post at the mo after almost 2 months of waiting..lol
Anyone else put in a claim..it seems a lot of people are having success'
Yes we got over £4000 back off of our loan company BUT and it's a very big but you don't get that amount in your hand if you still have an outstanding balance with that company so it has to be taken off the balance and while yes its great to have that amount off of it I would have still liked it in my bank account so its a little bit upsetting lol.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
does anyone know if there is a time limit on these claims as my other half had PPI on a credit card and mortgage she had years ago and paid it for YEARS and YEARS !!
I have looked on tinterner but couldn't find anything to give a time ??

Do these companies work on commission or for a fixed fee ???

Merci dog poo

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine was just under 10k when it was settled, I used a 3rd party company to process the claim for me and they were charging 25%, but I moved house before they asked me for the money, and so far I have heard nothing from them, and Im not paying unless they ask. The moneyI got back bought my ST, so I was well happy

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Do it Yourself, there's plenty of letter templates out there. Don't throw 25% of your money at someone who will only spend minutes on it.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Sorry but I think this is all wrong, just like carpet bagging a few years ago, or those people who gladly borrow £x,000 and then claim it was it was the banks fault they are now in debt and can't pay it back and they should not have lent it me so I'm not paying it back etc. If you took out PPI and met the policy conditions to claim i.e. were not self employed, 75 years old etc, I am sure that if you needed to claim you would gladly have done so, so how can you all now jump on the band waggon saying you did not really want to and were mis-sold this stuff. From my experience the majority were not mis-sold it, they were just stupid enough to buy it because it was offered to them or could not be bothered to look for cheaper options else where etc. (this is like buying a big TV for the living room and the sales guy offers to sell you a further smaller one that you think will go ok stuck on the wall in the conservatory just in case you might want to watch something in there, then a couple of years later you go back to the shop and ask for your money back with interest claiming you did not really want it or that could have got it cheaper around the corner but could not be bothered to look at the time!) This is the narrow end of a wedge and may well end up sending the country even further down the pan. You have been warned. NB!!!! I do however agree with those who could never claim getting their money back. Well that is my 2p worth, you will all no doubt flame me with your sob stories and go on about how bad the banks are etc. so I have put my asbestos pants on

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Sorry but I think this is all wrong, just like carpet bagging a few years ago, or those people who gladly borrow £x,000 and then claim it was it was the banks fault they are now in debt and can't pay it back and they should not have lent it me so I'm not paying it back etc. If you took out PPI and met the policy conditions to claim i.e. were not self employed, 75 years old etc, I am sure that if you needed to claim you would gladly have done so, so how can you all now jump on the band waggon saying you did not really want to and were mis-sold this stuff. From my experience the majority were not mis-sold it, they were just stupid enough to buy it because it was offered to them or could not be bothered to look for cheaper options else where etc. (this is like buying a big TV for the living room and the sales guy offers to sell you a further smaller one that you think will go ok stuck on the wall in the conservatory just in case you might want to watch something in there, then a couple of years later you go back to the shop and ask for your money back with interest claiming you did not really want it or that could have got it cheaper around the corner but could not be bothered to look at the time!) This is the narrow end of a wedge and may well end up sending the country even further down the pan. You have been warned. NB!!!! I do however agree with those who could never claim getting their money back. Well that is my 2p worth, you will all no doubt flame me with your sob stories and go on about how bad the banks are etc. so I have put my asbestos pants on
Dont get upset and worried, no matter what Dennis I will still be your mate!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Is it not the case though Dennis that they hid the PPI payments in peoples installments without their knowledge?
That was what I was told by one of the shyster companies that pestered me to make a claim. (never did though)
I do intend to ring my lender at some point and see what they say though!
I have never taken out PPI but if my payments have been sneakily inflated then damn right I'll be claiming it back!

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Is it not the case though Dennis that they hid the PPI payments in peoples installments without their knowledge?
That was what I was told by one of the shyster companies that pestered me to make a claim. (never did though)
I do intend to ring my lender at some point and see what they say though!
I have never taken out PPI but if my payments have been sneakily inflated then damn right I'll be claiming it back!
this is what the ppi claims are MEANT to be for.... but of course as with anything it gets abused and all and sundry jump on the band wagon, companies are formed over night charging extorsionate % rates and the whole thing just becomes another blame culture statistic.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Dennis might not like me for this but I actually claimed on my PPI when I was off work for a couple of months after breaking my elbow, and I STILL claimed under mis-selling. Felt a bit naughty but I thought what the hell, it's not often you can get one over on the bank normally it's the other way round.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't understand people getting upset over what they feel 'unjustified claiming', be it ppi, whiplash whatever. I don't condone false claiming, and I really wouldn't do it myself but its rife, and we don't make the rules !! On another note, this ppi, how easy is it to find out if your claim worthy ?? I owe nothing bar my mortgage. Never even owed a credit card, and never had a bank loan or credit. My wife had a couple of small (1k) loans over the last 6-7 years to pay off car insurance but that's it. Is it really that easy ??

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I don't understand people getting upset over what they feel 'unjustified claiming', be it ppi, whiplash whatever. I don't condone false claiming, and I really wouldn't do it myself but its rife, and we don't make the rules !! On another note, this ppi, how easy is it to find out if your claim worthy ?? I owe nothing bar my mortgage. Never even owed a credit card, and never had a bank loan or credit. My wife had a couple of small (1k) loans over the last 6-7 years to pay off car insurance but that's it. Is it really that easy ??
Based on what you've said you don't have any PPI to claim fella. Payment Protection Insurance is something you get (and should be offered and have it explained to you rather than just added to your monthly payments, this is the reason for claiming) with loans and credit cards. Your wife might have a claim on her loans but probably not enough to be worth the hassle.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In a way, good !! Thanks for clearing that up. We hear it on the news all the time, cold calls and even text messages. And I've chosen to ignore them all !! Lol

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
If you have mortgage you will likely have taken out MPPI (mortgage payment protection to cover you against redundancy etc.) and you could still have been 'mis-sold' this. I get annoyed by these claims as, the company I work for are involved in payment protection insurance but these are unadvised sales and is in no way connected with a credit application (so clean) yet despite this I get loads of fishing/spurious claims from people/companies trying it on GGGRRRRR!!!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
If you have mortgage you will likely have taken out MPPI (mortgage payment protection to cover you against redundancy etc.) and you could still have been 'mis-sold' this. I get annoyed by these claims as, the company I work for are involved in payment protection insurance but these are unadvised sales and is in no way connected with a credit application (so clean) yet despite this I get loads of fishing/spurious claims from people/companies trying it on GGGRRRRR!!!!
So there is no way the wing nuts could have charged me more for something I never asked for without my knowledge?
I only ask as the
that keep ringing me insist they have hidden it in my payments?

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
So there is no way the wing nuts could have charged me more for something I never asked for without my knowledge?
I only ask as the
that keep ringing me insist they have hidden it in my payments?
The guy who keeps ringing you knows nothing, he could be selling you windows next week. That does not mean you have not been missold a policy but it was not as rife people make out.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I still get people ringing me telling me I'm owed thousands. I tell them to go off and get it for me then

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well mine came through yesterday and been told I'm getting 2k back for having a card over 7 years,
To be fair they gave me a breakdown of how it has been calculated too.
Adding to some peoples comments the only reason I claimed this back is the fact I never realised I was actually paying PPI and only did when just looking through some paperwork one day .
People are happy to moan at you when YOU owe them money so I just thought I want what's owed to me if I'm entitled to it.
Remember chaps we live in a corrupt world too and there's always someone who will go to great lengths to get what they want IMO

1 - 20 of 37 Posts