Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I am at last a happy man. I finally collected my ST yesterday ('09 in Frozen White with tints), had a great run home on back roads for 2 hours then was really p*ssed to be driving it to work today in the snow. No matter, after much effort over the last few weeks on the "parts for sale" forum I can now confirm that I have a Dreamscience Stratagem, K&N Induction Kit and Decat Pipe all in the post and coming my way as of tomorrow.

Anyone out there have similar mods on their motor and know actual power output output from a dyno run? If not, can any of you experts hazard a guess? At the end of the day, I'm more interest in low and mid range grunt these days but it would be nice to know what sort of power I can expect from my tinkering to come.

Cheers
Gar

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
QUOTE(Garspeed @ 29 Jan 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guys

I am at last a happy man. I finally collected my ST yesterday ('09 in Frozen White with tints), had a great run home on back roads for 2 hours then was really p*ssed to be driving it to work today in the snow. No matter, after much effort over the last few weeks on the "parts for sale" forum I can now confirm that I have a Dreamscience Stratagem, K&N Induction Kit and Decat Pipe all in the post and coming my way as of tomorrow.

Anyone out there have similar mods on their motor and know actual power output output from a dyno run? If not, can any of you experts hazard a guess? At the end of the day, I'm more interest in low and mid range grunt these days but it would be nice to know what sort of power I can expect from my tinkering to come.

Cheers
Gar

probably around 270-280 bhp.

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE(Garspeed @ 29 Jan 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Guys

Cheers
Gar

Gar,

As per my sig but with DSCI induction not the K&N.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Dreamscience is on and rest in in the post so will be fitted soon. Just for interest, if I am running DSCi tune and then also add 3" down pipe to mods mentioned previously, what horse can I expect then? Is 300ish achievable or would I need to down load more extreme map from DS to get in this ballpark?

Cheers
Gar

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Garspeed @ 2 Feb 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the info guys. Dreamscience is on and rest in in the post so will be fitted soon. Just for interest, if I am running DSCi tune and then also add 3" down pipe to mods mentioned previously, what horse can I expect then? Is 300ish achievable or would I need to down load more extreme map from DS to get in this ballpark?

Cheers
Gar

You'd probably need induction, intercooler, sports/race cat, and maybe even a "mod" map from DS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 2 Feb 2010, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'd probably need induction, intercooler, sports/race cat, and maybe even a "mod" map from DS

Just to be clear, I am now looking at DSci map, decat pipe, K&N Gen II Induction Kit and 3" downpipe. I appreciate that to run this hard I would need a larger intercooler but as I understand it, my face lift already has 3 rows more than the pre-face lift and as I don't intend to blast the hell out of it I was assuming all would be okay.

So what would the above set up be good for? 290 - 300?

Cheers
Gar

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Even this so called larger standard intercooler fails to maintain the power on warmer days. The one that came off my facelift was tiny compared to my airtec gen 3. I still reckon you'd need either mod b+ or mod c as well for 300+

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(Garspeed @ 2 Feb 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just to be clear, I am now looking at DSci map, decat pipe, K&N Gen II Induction Kit and 3" downpipe. I appreciate that to run this hard I would need a larger intercooler but as I understand it, my face lift already has 3 rows more than the pre-face lift and as I don't intend to blast the hell out of it I was assuming all would be okay.

So what would the above set up be good for? 290 - 300?

Cheers
Gar

U probley wouldnt be far off 300. depends what cars running standard. If its strong car shouldnt be far off. With all them mods a intercooler would be a good idea but if not going blast hell out of it suppouse it would be ok with standard 1.

·
Registered
293 Posts
mine was about 270bhp with those mods changed the k&N to dsci induction kit and ran 281.9bhp
no idea how much now tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts