Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got annoyed with the size of a hole near the Lamb pub round my way so I've reported the hole on the following site:-

http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

I have used it once before so i know it gets them fixed just thought I should share the onfo with you so we can help get the roads into better condition.

Si

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(rickylee @ 20 Nov 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've just had to shell out for two new wheels thanks to pot holes, so i'll be using this for sure

Why didn't you submit a claim to your County Council's Highways Department? We often pay out.

We also have a dedicated section online for reporting, where you can zoom in and highlight the section of the road on an OS map so they can go out a fill it asap.

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(admiralpellion @ 20 Nov 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I got annoyed with the size of a hole near the Lamb pub round my way so I've reported the hole on the following site:-

http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

I have used it once before so i know it gets them fixed just thought I should share the onfo with you so we can help get the roads into better condition.

Si

I know the one your on about
there seems to be more holes in the roads around here than actual road itself!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Venture over to Littlehampton Si , some of the roads feel like they have been hit with RAF runway bombs , very handy site mate , i could be noit quite a bit

·
1,599 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 20 Nov 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why didn't you submit a claim to your County Council's Highways Department? We often pay out.

We also have a dedicated section online for reporting, where you can zoom in and highlight the section of the road on an OS map so they can go out a fill it asap.

Really? That's very interesting. Do you need to submit a claim before getting the new wheels?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(rickylee @ 20 Nov 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Really? That's very interesting. Do you need to submit a claim before getting the new wheels?
No, pay for the work then submit your claim otherwise you could be waiting some time

Include the exact location of the accident (insert a Google Maps screen grab or similar), the date and time it happened, your details and get supporting evidence though to strengthen your case, go to the scene, take photographs of the pothole with something in it for scale.

2/3 of the pothole reports in Hertfordshire came from the public informing the County Council (other 1/3 being Herts Highways inspections). Once reported A roads are repaired with 24 hours, B&C roads repaired with 24 hours to 7 days, unclassified roads 7-14 days.

I would always report it to your County Council rather than rely on a third party website. By the way, district Council's have no authority on highways.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(Mark83 @ 20 Nov 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, pay for the work then submit your claim otherwise you could be waiting some time

Include the exact location of the accident (insert a Google Maps screen grab or similar), the date and time it happened, your details and get supporting evidence though to strengthen your case, go to the scene, take photographs of the pothole with something in it for scale.

2/3 of the pothole reports in Hertfordshire came from the public informing the County Council (other 1/3 being Herts Highways inspections). Once reported A roads are repaired with 24 hours, B&C roads repaired with 24 hours to 7 days, unclassified roads 7-14 days.

I would always report it to your County Council rather than rely on a third party website. By the way, district Council's have no authority on highways.

Some very useful info Mark.
How long have you got to make a claim?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts