Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

just signed up so i thought i would say hi and ask my first question

im going to purchase an st and have spent time looking at different options, i believe i have found the right model for me but just wondered what other peoples thoughts were on the car and the standard of the modifications that have been done. are these decent parts that have been used ? or cheap mods ?

i would appreciate your input

tom.

http://www.gatwickusedcars.com/used-ford-focus-for-sale-West%20Sussex-10483.htm

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
hi guys

im going to purchase an st and have spent time looking at different options, i believe i have found the right model for me but just wondered what other peoples thoughts were on the car and the standard of the modifications that have been done. are these decent parts that have been used ? or cheap mods ?

tom.

http://www.gatwickusedcars.com/used-ford-focus-for-sale-West%20Sussex-10483.htm
Got decent mods on it although they seem abit random, folk usually stick with the same make for most parts. Doesnt say what map it is running. Could also have a downpipe on it. Tbh not informed that much. If its got a stage 2 map your talking about 270bhp.

Also is the sticker on the window a focusstoc one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in terms of mods i though they were random too ! but i thought it might just be me being inexperienced so im glad you thought that too.

i was told it hasnt been remapped yet so it leaves me to decide which map to go for, in terms of the sticker yes i believe it is

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
in terms of mods i though they were random too ! but i thought it might just be me being inexperienced so im glad you thought that too.

i was told it hasnt been remapped yet so it leaves me to decide which map to go for, in terms of the sticker yes i believe it is
Nah it does seem random. It hasnt been remaped!
. Thats the first mod anyone will get, thats the mod that will give the most difference in performance. The mods that are needed usually are remap, Cais, intercooler and downpipe/turbo back. And youl be running about 290bhp.

You been to view it yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope definitely not been remaped which is kind of odd i suppose, yeh i have been to view it and it is in lovely condition, in the process of negotiating and putting down the deposit and so on and so forth, is there any remap that you would personally recommend ?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nope definitely not been remaped which is kind of odd i suppose, yeh i have been to view it and it is in lovely condition, in the process of negotiating and putting down the deposit and so on and so forth, is there any remap that you would personally recommend ?
Good stuff, its all down to your gut feeling on the car then. Makesure its got a good service history.i personally atm dont have my car remapped but after christmas il be getting the bluefin handset. Its 330 quid and if you need to upgrade from stage 1 to 2,3 its free of charge. Without mods it states gives gains of 40/50bhp but tbh will get probz about 30bhp. Ive only heard good things about it and makes a huge difference to driving the lads say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has got full service history however it dosn't have the receipts to accompany the stamps which makes me a bit apprehensive, i have heard good things about bluefin so if i get the st im thinking either that or dreamscience as again i have heard good things about them.​

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Its got the later wheels on it as well, IMO its far too expensive, for that money look for a facelift standard car. If that is your car of choice then look at taking £1000 of the price minimum

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I bought mine about 6 months ago around the same price and with mods but no map! got in contact with previous owner and he said was running bluefin on put took it off? was beyond me why he took it off, so i have bought bluefin handset and its amazing!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, in my opinion, price heavy. I'd be looking more around the 7k mark, i bought mine in August with full history, completely standard and mint condition with 32k on clock for £7,500.

Also, just my personal preference, but i'd never buy a car with modifications, i prefer to do to my cars what i please and know it's been done right first time, and also this may be a tiny bit pathetic but that sticker on the ash tray cover just shouts chav at me, IMO people who place cheap tacky looking stickers like that in their car don't have much appreciation for them.

Obviously the above will be wrong a lot of the time, but just my personal preference.

Also, red is clearly the fastest colour.

·
Registered
587 Posts
hi guys

tom.

http://www.gatwickus...ussex-10483.htm
Buy mine in the classifieds

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/classifieds/item/971-2008-st-2-285bhp-dreamscience/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys, honestly your help has been fantastic, I had several worries about the car myself so I'm glad you guys picked up on them too.

The only thing that tempted me with this is the fact that it already has the intercooler upgraded which would save me money and time.

However do you think I may be better off buying a standard st and performing my own mods ?

·
Registered
795 Posts
i brought my st3 completely standard 1 owner for 5K, and now doing the mods that i want instead of someone elses,

·
Registered
964 Posts
However do you think I may be better off buying a standard st and performing my own mods ?
Standard Car will be about the same price, so that price + whatever mods you want.

Sea grey demands a premium, I found that out when looking, along with white, blue is cheapest colour as I think it is the most common.

He probably took the remap off so he can sell the device.

I don't mind a few mods when I buy a car (Bought mine with intercooler, decat, downpipe, dreamscience, eibachs and got all the standard parts) but I wouldn't buy that as it has had a lot done and none of it really makes sense as to why that particular model was bought.

Keep looking i'd say.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Personally if your thinking of modding your st buy one which is already done with the standard parts in with the price, that way your not scrimping every month to buy mods and constantly lying to your other half on where your money is going, it's also better trying to find out who the last owner was who modded it and get the info off them,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts