Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Lately, i´m having bad feelings with my car´s clutch. It´s the standard ST clutch. The biting point of the pedal is too high now, almost at the top of the pedal travel. And the clutch feels less progressive when I press or release the pedal. More like an on/off switch, it engages and disengages worse than before. I haven´t yet tested the slippage, I never pushed the car at low revs in long gears.
My car is modded. It has DS Mod C map, and the usual hardware to compliment it as air filter, dp and decat, intercooler....

What do you think? Clutch dying?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clutch is 60.000 kilometers old. The problem it´s not so bad yet, but it is more uncomfortable in city, at short gears. Not bad at motorway.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tested hard today the clutch in the motorway for the first time. First attemp, 6th gear, about 60-70mph, 2.500 rpm, foot down and..... sliiiiiiiiiiiip. It never did that before, but I never pushed it hard at low revs before. So definitely, I need a RS clutch.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
im getting a nasty noise from the gearbox area , think its the flywheel

iv phoned my warranty company and they said it would be coverd as cars not high milage (40k)

so possibly yours could be covered ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi people.

I have a new question about the clutch. Can I re-use the original bolts from my ST clutch and flywheel with the new RS clutch and flywheel without problems? Or is it necesary to put new bolts when fitting the clutch kit? The same question with the Quaife diff, do I need new bolts or the original bolts will be fine??

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
There should be no problem re-using the original pressure plate bolts.
They are not stretched and torque down at a relatively low value.
The Flywheel bolts would require replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts