Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your driving on the M6 southbound around Junction 17, an un marked police volvo two up is behind you and you are driving in the far righthand lane.

Its blue lights are flashing in the grill...

Question 1
A - Pull over because I'm being pulled over?
B - Ignore them and carry on
C - Move into inside lane and see if they follow you?

I chose C.

The police car moves over into the middle lane.

Question 2
A - Think, I'm being pulled over and pull over?
B - Ignore them and carry on
C- Move over to inside lane and see if they follow you! To make sure like!

I chose C.

The police car moves over into the inside lane behind you, with blues on still

Question 3
A - I am being pulled, pull on hard shoulder
B - Ignore them can carry on
C- Actually I can't think of a question C

I chose A.

Passenger of police car gets out.... walks to your drivers door... and she asks "is everything ok, why have you stopped?"

Puzzled look on your face, I thought you were pulling me over because your blue lights are on and your following me?

No, just doing a vehichle check sir, I'm moving in and out of traffic (with HGV's about) so we were doing a vehichle check... but we didn't pull you over.

Now then... come again???

If I chose to carry on, knowing my luck I get done for failing to stop... says the guy who unfortnately gave the finger to an un-marked police car... and got pulled over with a
off word in my ear. Own fault

Back to me moving in and out... i indicated every time, looked in the mirror every time (and I'm very good at being aware of my surroundings)... thinking I was being a good boy and moving over to the left and keeping the outer lanes from being clogged up for no reason.

I'm open to doing something wrong... so next time I see a unmarked car behind me with their blue lights on...
knows that I'm suppose to do... any ideas?!

·
1,285 Posts
I am here!!!

It sounds like they forgot they were on and were trying to cover it up!D'oh!!You did EXACTLY the right thing with your options.You did nothing wrong at all. If you see the same thing again... do EXACTLY the same thing again!!!

QUOTE(razzleultra @ 1 Dec 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Though surely, before they could do you for failure to stop, they'd end up pulling in front of you and trying to slow you down or something?

If you were failing to stop, they would not go in front as it leaves them wide open to being rammed should that actually be a genuine "fail to stop" car.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ 1 Dec 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am here!!!

It sounds like they forgot they were on and were trying to cover it up!D'oh!!You did EXACTLY the right thing with your options.You did nothing wrong at all. If you see the same thing again... do EXACTLY the same thing again!!!

If you were failing to stop, they would not go in front as it leaves them wide open to being rammed should that actually be a genuine "fail to stop" car.

Rapid response that

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
you should've james-bond their asses, pushed the oil spill button, floored it and pushed the "flip reg plate over" button while feeling up some fitt chick 15 years younger than you in the passenger seat.

but nah, seriously, I have very little experience of emergency vehicles behind me on any type of road but in this case, I would've defintely pulled over

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have had the same thing before however I failed to stop for the police as the car they were driving was a beat up old mondeo.

I didnt speed off just carried on at 70mph and as soon as the marked car appeared I pulled over.

They did grill me why I didnt't stop, I told them "How was I to know you where police", I didnt think you were genuine as you were driving a roppy old mondeo (Y reg) with blue lights and two blokes in it not in uniform what would you do?

I did remind them that I stopped as soon as the marked car appeared and at no time did I drive above the speed limit nor did I drive recklessly.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 1 Dec 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what annoys me about police cars is when the come out of nowhere then tailgate you like they have been there ages and your not pulling over!

dont get me wrong I've got the upmost respect for the police, but i agree with the above its happend to me a couple of times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.