Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
"Police car gets ambushed by chavs who couldn't define the word respect if their pathetic lives depended on it"

There, I fixed the title for you.
Would it be funny if it was your car? Would it be funny if there was no snow around and they decided to use stones instead?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 25 Dec 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"Police car gets ambushed by chavs who couldn't define the word respect if their pathetic lives depended on it"

There, I fixed the title for you.
Would it be funny if it was your car? Would it be funny if there was no snow around and they decided to use stones instead?

I never said it was funny, or that i had no respect for the police.... it was just something I saw originally on google news.

·
Registered
648 Posts
TBH

im not after an argument here by any means....and my post was aimed at what ever idiots are in the video

but i have to say that origonally, your post title had a great big laughing smiley face right next to it, which is now removed....it would seem you thought something was funny?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
QUOTE(RB2004 @ 26 Dec 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I never said it was funny, or that i had no respect for the police.... it was just something I saw originally on google news.

I never said you didn't have respect for the police, just the chavs in the videos.
I assumed you had found it funny as you had put a laughing smiley with the post which has now disappeared

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Ok ive checked all three links and this is my opinion!

I dont or woudlnt like to think that this particular Police vehicle was in anyway ambushed. Seem's the Police were just investigating a gathering of young people, and found they were just having a good laugh with the snow.

The arrival of the police car was probably a bit of a buzz for the young ones and to be honest a great target and talking point to their friends.

Come on guy's let's put this into perspective, if for any reason the officers felt threatned they could have quite easy of called for back up from the local council plough and had the offenders removed

As said it's my opininon but i reckon the squad car and the officers had just as much fun, i mean can you imagine the report they would have had to make for being back late at the station......

·
Registered
648 Posts
like i said...i didnt hit the links

but after now viewing them....its where i live in crawley....which makes it far worse

and the title....'police get mugged off in snow'!!!!!!!!

i think the title says it all...its not fun....its dissrespect!!

its tilgate car park, and the kids in my area are right little

nick em all i say....seriously....who would ever raise their kids to do this sort of thing?......idiot cralwey folk...thats who!!!

i hate anything negative towards police...there is too much of it going on in the uk

throwing snowballs you say?

well i think its a massive dissrespect to authority....

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 26 Dec 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>like i said...i didnt hit the links

but after now viewing them....its where i live in crawley....which makes it far worse

and the title....'police get mugged off in snow'!!!!!!!!

i think the title says it all...its not fun....its dissrespect!!

its tilgate car park, and the kids in my area are right little [email protected]

nick em all i say....seriously....who would ever raise their kids to do this sort of thing?......idiot cralwey folk...thats who!!!

i hate anything negative towards police...there is too much of it going on in the uk

throwing snowballs you say?

well i think its a massive dissrespect to authority....

Get a grip lol

They were having fun, the police seemed none too upset, perhaps these kids will have a little more respect given that the police seemed to enter into the spirit, rather than getting out and trying to nick everyone for some makey uppey public order offense.

Would love to have heard a back up call, need back up, nature of the incident, snow balls being thrown at our vehicle by some laughing kids!

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 26 Dec 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get a grip lol

They were having fun, the police seemed none too upset, perhaps these kids will have a little more respect given that the police seemed to enter into the spirit, rather than getting out and trying to nick everyone for some makey uppey public order offense.

Would love to have heard a back up call, need back up, nature of the incident, snow balls being thrown at our vehicle by some laughing kids!

your missing the whole point si

give an inch...people take a mile

so its ok to throw snowballs at the police

what next?

im pretty good friends with a sergeant from crawley....i prob could find out what the back up call was for you lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
I bet people wouldnt like their
being hit with the many snow balls. The dent devils bill would run into a few hundred quid. I guess it would be worth it though as long as the kids where having a laugh

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 26 Dec 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>your missing the whole point si

give an inch...people take a mile

so its ok to throw snowballs at the police

what next?

im pretty good friends with a sergeant from crawley....i prob could find out what the back up call was for you lol

Yes it is OK to throw snowballs at Police if they are entering into the spirit of things, given that these officers seemed to be, whats the problem. When I was at school and it snowed there was a tradition of snowballing the Head, he used to look like frosty the snowman by the time he got to his car. It didnt mean we didnt respect him.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 26 Dec 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes it is OK to throw snowballs at Police if they are entering into the spirit of things, given that these officers seemed to be, whats the problem. When I was at school and it snowed there was a tradition of snowballing the Head, he used to look like frosty the snowman by the time he got to his car. It didnt mean we didnt respect him.

its very different when you know the person your snowballing si.....when its strangers, it goes from fun...to pi ss taking

they are shouting 'wa nk ers' at the police....did you shout that at your head? was he happy with that? loads of respect there!!! did you describe it as 'mugging your head teacher off'?

read the comments on the second video (as these are two seperate incidents)

one of the youths that was there said that the policeman was furious

i suppose we are all different in our ideas of respect...again....read the comments, there are far more from people who think its not on...than the other way around

i got snowballed last in the snow early this year by a group of little idiots in crawley (who i didnt know) and ended up with scratches on my car

i didnt find it funny at all

we will agree to dissagree on this one si

maybe if you lived in crawley you would understand what its like here

i guess you are lucky to have teens in your area that are harmless and fun loving....

we just have differences of opinions si

neither of us will change the country with them i spose

anyway mete...have a good xmass holiday

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 26 Dec 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes it is OK to throw snowballs at Police if they are entering into the spirit of things, given that these officers seemed to be, whats the problem.
I read the comments at it appears the police were throwing snow balls earlier on too.

Amusing comments with some extreme views

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Looks like it was kids having a laugh, nothing more nothing less. Im sure the rozzers took it the way it was meant.............as a joke.

·
Registered
228 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 26 Dec 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get a grip lol

+1 LOL, Its a few snow balls for christs sake

1 - 20 of 25 Posts