Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
just tried to change my car back to stock with DS and while downloading it just turned off and now car wont start and ds will not work.

any ideas

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
It may be a fuse have a look in the technical section for which fuse,just done mine don't need the extra power or torque better to be safe

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had a thort. If another unit was plugged in and then uploaded the stock map would it take a life off the other unit?

·
Registered
452 Posts
QUOTE(Goodyear @ 3 Jan 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just had a thort. If another unit was plugged in and then uploaded the stock map would it take a life off the other unit?

ye mate i think it prob would take a life off whoevers unit you use, not sure tho

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Try searching for info on the OBD fuse - this can blow sometimes and then you either get an error on the DS unit or no power at the port to power up the handset. Wild guess says fuse 15? reckon it will be one of the ones behind the glovebox rather than in the engine bay but I may be wrong.

EDIT think Orangeman's got the info for you

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found the blown fuse and there is no spares and the local garage only has 25amp . this day is getting worst by the min!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Goodyear @ 3 Jan 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>found the blown fuse and there is no spares and the local garage only has 25amp . this day is getting worst by the min!
Find another fuse in the fusebox the same size, that covers something not important and swap that one for now to get the car up and running. Also check in case there's any spares in the fusebox in the engine bay. Probably not but worth a look.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorted it !! thank god for that . any idea what caused that to blow?

anyway thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
Glad you got it sorted not sure what causes the fuse to blow i think it just happens,get a couple of spares to be on the safe side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts