Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A strange problem has started with the st, driving it and it feels like the cars backing off even when the postion of the throttle doesnt change and when you pull up to a roundabout it stalls its self when the revs drop and sounds like its running lumpy, the problem doesnt happen all the time, have try changing the map on the car to see if its that???? so any suggestions would be greatful thanks alot adam

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
have you got any smoke from the exhaust system ?
have you checked the oil and water ie that they are noit mixed in together at the header tank and that your oil is the colour it should be and not creamy in colour?
mate has just had this on his mondeo st ...turned out his cat was blocked /knackerd so it wouldnt idle at all but ran a bit on the throttle and he described his symptoms as similar to yours .
sure youl get some more help from the guys soon ,good luck mate .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you got any smoke from the exhaust system ?
have you checked the oil and water ie that they are noit mixed in together at the header tank and that your oil is the colour it should be and not creamy in colour?
mate has just had this on his mondeo st ...turned out his cat was blocked /knackerd so it wouldnt idle at all but ran a bit on the throttle and he described his symptoms as similar to yours .
sure youl get some more help from the guys soon ,good luck mate .
theres no smoke, would there be a light on if the cat was knoackered?
thanks for the help tho mate

·
Registered
675 Posts
Check all the pipes are connect on the air intake / airbox / MAF sensor properly. I read you other post saying you had the clutch replaced. All those parts have to be taken off to removed the gearbox, sounds likely that you have an air / vacuum leak somewhere. Too much of a coincidence to have had the work done then experiencing problems.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Another thing to cheack if you have had your gearbox out is that the two earth straps have been reattached correctly, I burnt out a coil pack on my car after an earth wire snapped.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check all the pipes are connect on the air intake / airbox / MAF sensor properly. I read you other post saying you had the clutch replaced. All those parts have to be taken off to removed the gearbox, sounds likely that you have an air / vacuum leak somewhere. Too much of a coincidence to have had the work done then experiencing problems.
thats what i was think thats why i put 2 post because i thought after that i might have something to do with that, thanks for you help mate

·
Registered
675 Posts
thats what i was think thats why i put 2 post because i thought after that i might have something to do with that, thanks for you help mate
It could just be a loose connection on the MAF sensor plug, loss of reading from the sensor will cause the engine to stall.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It could just be a loose connection on the MAF sensor plug, loss of reading from the sensor will cause the engine to stall.
yea my MAF sensor caused my engine to cut out at idle on me last car, check the wires and get some electrical terminal cleaner on the contacts. if it isnt that at least it will be clean!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts