Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Gav @ 27 Feb 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Andy, cool photo chap - it almost looks like HDR.

I've yet to get the hang of playing with exposure times on my camera. It's on the list of Things I'd Like To Learn. I think I need a tripod for it as well.

Yeh definetly need a tripod for this sort of stuff..

As for HDR, u can actually do it from 1 photo - bit of a cheat.

Have a look on www.deviantart.com and search for HDR, and look for a piece of software called PhotomatixPro

I know "how" to do it, but actually doing it is something else ...

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
QUOTE(AndyStewart @ 27 Feb 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeh definetly need a tripod for this sort of stuff..

As for HDR, u can actually do it from 1 photo - bit of a cheat.

Have a look on www.deviantart.com and search for HDR, and look for a piece of software called PhotomatixPro

I know "how" to do it, but actually doing it is something else ...
I thought one needed to be shooting RAW in order to get true HDR? There is a real art to making it effective, some people just go nuts and end up with a really iffy-looking picture at the end.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Loving it mate!! Best colour too...

If you have a Speedlight or off camera flash or torch, try a faster shutter speed (say a couple of seconds) at say f16 or f22 and blast the front of the car with a single flash from the torch or Speedlight - it looks menacing as it looks like the car has come out of the pitch black!

Can't wait to see any other photos - can't beat experimentation

·
Registered
824 Posts
QUOTE(Matt @ 27 Feb 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Loving it mate!! Best colour too...

If you have a Speedlight or off camera flash or torch, try a faster shutter speed (say a couple of seconds) at say f16 or f22 and blast the front of the car with a single flash from the torch or Speedlight - it looks menacing as it looks like the car has come out of the pitch black!

Can't wait to see any other photos - can't beat experimentation

Wouldn't the effects of difraction cause a softening of the image at such a large aperture?

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Your EXIF data says it was actually only 20 seconds...

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 500D
Image Date: 2010:02:27 20:24:54
Focal Length: 20.0mm
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure Time: 20.000 s
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

That camera has done very well with the red under such low light conditions. I've got a 400D I've still not gotten to grips with yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Gav @ 28 Feb 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your EXIF data says it was actually only 20 seconds...

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 500D
Image Date: 2010:02:27 20:24:54
Focal Length: 20.0mm
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure Time: 20.000 s
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

That camera has done very well with the red under such low light conditions. I've got a 400D I've still not gotten to grips with yet.

Sooo picky

ok ok 20 seconds

Using the Canon 500D - hopefully at some point i'll get to use it for some HD video of the car.

(PS, non-car related photography link in my sig - blatent self plug
)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.