Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI for anyone interested...

I fitted a Pipercross panel air filter from dreamscience today. I didn't really expect any difference, but for £30, I said it was worth trying.

I'm surprised at how much of a difference it has made. (My car has 4,000km now). I was finding it abit heavy and lethargic in Normal mode (and I don't like Sport mode). It now feels much more lively and responsive in Normal mode, and revs out more freely. Very happy with the difference this has made, it doesn't frustrate in Normal mode now

·
Registered
6 Posts
FYI for anyone interested...

I fitted a Pipercross panel air filter from dreamscience today. I didn't really expect any difference, but for £30, I said it was worth trying.

I'm surprised at how much of a difference it has made. (My car has 4,000km now). I was finding it abit heavy and lethargic in Normal mode (and I don't like Sport mode). It now feels much more lively and responsive in Normal mode, and revs out more freely. Very happy with the difference this has made, it doesn't frustrate in Normal mode now
Any audible changes?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone else bought an air filter from Dreamscience, I would recommend checking it. This was what mine looked like after only 6 months, it'll be going in the bin

Door mat Rectangle Grey Font Handwriting

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Grille Mesh Wire fencing Grey Line

Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Mesh Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks, likewise, I bought a cotton filter, looks like K&N also, from Si Cole to replace this one from Dreamscience
I fitted the DS one a little while back. I had best check it. What is actually wrong with it, is it the sagging? The oil build up is not surprising as I noticed mine was pretty think of oil. maybe I should wring it out ! I must admit it has made absolutely zero noticeable difference to anything, to me anyway. I will just put the original back in if it looks suspect.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The metal should be up. So it's sagging (also don't know why the mesh on top is so damaged).

Dreamscience informed me via email that this was caused by the oiling machine not being properly calibrated which caused the foam to be over oiled, and in turn swell excessively. This will only be resolved, on new filters, by a new machine which will be in place within a week or two

·
Registered
173 Posts
The metal should be up. So it's sagging (also don't know why the mesh on top is so damaged).

Dreamscience informed me via email that this was caused by the oiling machine not being properly calibrated which caused the foam to be over oiled, and in turn swell excessively. This will only be resolved, on new filters, by a new machine which will be in place within a week or two
Had a look at mine. Yes it needs the mesh on top as that's the direction of flow. It also needs support underneath or it is bound to sag no matter how much oil is on it in my mind. Mine still looks brand new (1000 miles) but has sagged similar to yours, the foam is just too thin and soft to support itself. I don't have any of that black stuff on the mesh like yours. There was some oil in the bottom of the air box. Put my original filter back in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts