Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,i had a piper catback on my last st and loved it,it was the old style 2.5 inch bore,how does the newer one compare sound level wise? you see after having a mk7 zetec s and the mountune upgrade which came with a full miltek system,ie manifold the lot i dont think the other half would be to happy nor me to be honest because the noise from that system made a piper sound oe!,now ive heard the mountune catback and i like it though i still love the wrx'y sound of the piper,how does the new piper system compare to this?

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(xxtrickzxx @ 22 Feb 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,i had a piper catback on my last st and loved it,it was the old style 2.5 inch bore,how does the newer one compare sound level wise? you see after having a mk7 zetec s and the mountune upgrade which came with a full miltek system,ie manifold the lot i dont think the other half would be to happy nor me to be honest because the noise from that system made a piper sound oe!,now ive heard the mountune catback and i like it though i still love the wrx'y sound of the piper,how does the new piper system compare to this?

Ive never heard the old system but i have the full new system, catback, downpipe, sport cat and tbh its
sweet! Some people will say it drones at motorway cruising but ive never expereinced this! Pops/rumbles very well and under full boost sounds awesome! My oh has never complained about the noise so its a
from me! Give me a nod when youre in the area and il give your ears a treat

Mike

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Can't comment on the new one, but i have the old 2.5'' catback with decat and its
bonkers

I couldn't live with a louder one

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
QUOTE(STMartin @ 22 Feb 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can't comment on the new one, but i have the old 2.5'' catback with decat and its
bonkers

I couldn't live with a louder one

+1

its such a good sounding exhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts