Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on this head unit for a while

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-C360039-_-PRODHOME_ESPOTCAROUSEL-_-Pioneer+SPH-DA02+AppRadio&productId=925239&msg=&langId=-1&catalogId=10151#tab1

And at 150 it's a cracking price but the only thing that concerns me is what happens if a move to an iPhone 5s when it comes out?
It says in the details that iPhone 5 is not currently fully supported, does anyone have experience of these head units and do Pioneer release updates for new handsets or would I be stuck keeping my 4S due to the headunit?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Get a Nexus 4 phone and use a USB flash drive. I got fed up with my iPhone (mainly because of iTunes and the fact everything was locked in) so when I got a new headunit I took the opportunity to bin it and go Android and I've never looked back. I can even stream music via Bluetooth to my headunit, fast forward, skip tracks etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-iPhone, after 6 years they just didn't suit me any longer.
If you want to stick with the iPhone then you might be able to update this headunit but it's not likely. Fortunately Pioneer have quite good feedback support so you might get an answer from them - Google Pioneer Support.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd previously looked into fitting one of those Pioneer units into the RS as a cheap option but I find now and then there are moments when the phone's got dead battery or forgotten at home, so then you'd have no entertainment - also (and I may be completely wrong here) - if it streams using Bluetooth, does that mean when you have no phone signal it can't transmit? I'm currently on the 3 network and lucky if I get signal, so this put me right off!

The JVC seems the far better option with additional CD/DVD player & iPod connection so even if the phone bit goes wrong then you've got backup options, can't bear a journey without a proper soundtrack!

·
Registered
444 Posts
with something like this you'd need a fascia adapter right?
Anyone got a link and/ or a picture of something like this fitted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts