Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Pioneer Avic-f10bt now fitted

667 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Ryan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello my fellow members

I currently have the Blaupunkt Sat Nav Travelpilot EX fitted to my car which a) I don't have the radio code's for, b) it's a bit pants to look at and c) certain circumstances might allow me buy an all singing and dancing Pioneer AVIC-F10BT unit within the next month or two.

Couple of questions to those in the know........

1) I have the GPS ariel on the car (pre face lift), would this fit straight into the Pioneer unit or would I need extra GPS sensors wired in to the car

2) I take it the unit would fit straight into the hole without the need for other bits and bobs?
3) Anyone out there have one of these units and if so what are their thoughts on it?

Ta muchly

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure about the pioner unit Ryan, but my kenwood came with the antena for the sat nav in the box, you will prob need a auto lead adaptor to use the steering wheel remote? maybe a lead for an iphone etc?
I would think pretty much everything else you must have.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 15 Feb 2010, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not sure about the pioner unit Ryan, but my kenwood came with the antena for the sat nav in the box, you will prob need a auto lead adaptor to use the steering wheel remote? maybe a lead for an iphone etc?
I would think pretty much everything else you must have.
Thanks for the reply Phil, seeing as the car has the GPS ariel I'm hoping that it'll plug straight into the back of the unit. Not to sure about the controls on the steering wheel and as for the iPhone, I'm not that posh

#5 ·
Well I've had this unit fitted today and what a piece of kit it is. Now the only thing left to do is read through the 170+ page user manual to find out how it really works. Here's a few pictures of it fiited to my car, please excuse the rubbish quality photo's and finger marks on the screen, these have since been cleaned off

White Plant Automotive design Gadget Vehicle audio

Car Automotive design Plant Steering part Personal luxury car

Plant White Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car

White Satellite radio Radio Vehicle audio Car

Car Steering part Automotive design Vehicle Gear shift

Mind you they don't come cheap
, just over £1,300 fitted!

Attachments

#7 ·
Jared the new toy didn't come cheap, just over £1300 all in. It cost £50 quid for the wiring adaptor for the stalk controls
but I've got all the USB, iPod etc. wiring in the glove box, all I need now is an iPod and a bluetooth phone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.