Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi,

Anyone else experienced the following?

9 times out of 10 when making or receiving a call, the sound only comes out muffled at a low volume through the centre speaker and can hardly be heard, regardless of volume being turned up on both phone and car stereo. Tried it on two different Android phones. Occasionally it does work properly.

It's running Sync 3.3 that it came from the factory with.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi, yes, no joy with either turning up the volume via the steering wheel or the volume button on the dash.
Are you having the same thing with the reversing beepers? As i get that if I get the Battery Low warning when I get in the car, the sync screen says that it is turning off to save battery until I start the car. Then when I start the car the parking sensors beeping is very tinny. I know the source of my battery drain is my dash cam parking mode which I have now turned off. If you are having that issue it could be related?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you having the same thing with the reversing beepers? As i get that if I get the Battery Low warning when I get in the car, the sync screen says that it is turning off to save battery until I start the car. Then when I start the car the parking sensors beeping is very tinny. I know the source of my battery drain is my dash cam parking mode which I have now turned off. If you are having that issue it could be related?
Interesting, thanks for info. You could be on to something here.

I do alot of very short trips during the week (e.g a kilometer or two and parked then for a few hours etc), and I have seen that low battery warning with the screen turning off when I get into the car a few times, not often. I don't have dashcams or anything else plugged in. Short trips like that are hard on a battery, but it still should be able to do it I would have thought.

I haven't noticed a difference in sound with my parking sensors. They are pretty quiet and tinny, but perhaps all are the same.

I was out on a longer drive on Saturday and when leaving home, the usual phone call problem was there, i.e. barely audible irrespective of phone or radio volume (had to knock off bluetooth on the phone and put it to my ear), then after about 30 mins driving another call came in and it was working fine. It was also working on Sunday when I did alot of driving. Then today it's not working again.

So it could be related to battery/charge as after 30 mins or so driving the battery would be fully charged if it was low. It's certainly a fault of some kind anyway. I'll have to bring it to the dealer, but it's annoying/hassle trying to get a dealer to fix an intermittent problem like this as it by the time I drive all the way to the dealers, the phone kit will be working after a long drive, so I might just leave it until first service.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lots of MK4 owners on the ford owners club been reporting some issues that have been linked back to the battery but Ford have been reluctant to change the battery up for something stronger (if I read correctly)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lots of MK4 owners on the ford owners club been reporting some issues that have been linked back to the battery but Ford have been reluctant to change the battery up for something stronger (if I read correctly)
Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time my car stopped via the start/stop function, even with car in neutral, clutch up, foot on the brake etc... The Stop/Start menu in Vehicle Settings --> Information always says "Engine on due to vehicle charging" when I stop with with car in neutral, clutch up, foot on the brake etc.

It did when I got it first, but I can't recall the last time it happened, and I don't have it turned off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
A lot of people are saying they are getting various errors including (but not limited to) Emergency Call System Malfunction and people have taken the cars back to the dealers who have done update and various other diagnostic for the issue to return a couple of weeks later. Some have had their battery replaced and the issue has not returned, so far. I have not had anything more major than the parking sensors being tinny and after a drive everything goes back to normal on the next startup.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lot of people are saying they are getting various errors including (but not limited to) Emergency Call System Malfunction and people have taken the cars back to the dealers who have done update and various other diagnostic for the issue to return a couple of weeks later. Some have had their battery replaced and the issue has not returned, so far. I have not had anything more major than the parking sensors being tinny and after a drive everything goes back to normal on the next startup.
Actually, i forgot that, i got that Emergency Call System Malfunction a few times also. Thanks for info, I'll have to go back to the dealer and do the dance of software update/ followed by problem returns/ followed by back to dealer again!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.