Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 mk2 5 door pfl in performance blue, CP320
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about doing this for some time.
This is the car at the garage before I purchased it. I've actually had it for almost 5 years now I think. This is really just a record of what I've done to the car with thoughts and opinion on how it turned out.
Also if I ever sell the car it's a record for the new owner.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Cars a 2006 5 door ST3 with 66000 on the clock, paid £6500
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST Sabre 350R
308 Posts
Umm.. Very nice, looks to be in good condition, with good mileage, and a fair price, top colour too. What's not to like.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the first mods I did was the hardrace gearbox mount, the centre one underneath the car. In all honesty minimum vibration but made the shift much more solid. Not difficult to fit either.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So next on the agenda was a new kenwood stereo, nothing special, wanted a CD with USB and DAB. The old Sony was having radio problems but didn't know if it was antenna or stereo.
Duly fitted by halfords and all good, however soon after I started using a different car for work and the ST became a weekend toy. Unfortunately the battery was getting drained in 7 days. To cut a long story short the wiring loom that halfords use has a blue and white antenna/amplifier wire..... This supply's 12 volts even ignition was off, hence drain, wire duly cut and all was good. Whilst this was going on I rigged up a solar panel and controller in the garage to keep it topped up, works a treat now the drain is gone.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I had been looking at rear anti roll bars for a while at this point, all seemed to do a good job but one this that influenced me was that some were shifting left or right. Solution was to fit collers as offered by said retailers.
The Elevate one came with collers welded on so fitted the bill nicely.
As luck would have it an elevate one rolled up on ebay and the scrappy thought it was just a normal st225 one. One bargain of £30 later and it was mine. Bargain price for an Elevate rear anti roll bar.
Quick rub down and repaint for blue to black and all was good. Simple to fit and you really can feel a difference, this was before any uprated springs or dampers, that comes later.

P

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I had been looking at rear anti roll bars for a while at this point, all seemed to do a good job but one this that influenced me was that some were shifting left or right. Solution was to fit collers as offered by said retailers.
The Elevate one came with collers welded on so fitted the bill nicely.
As luck would have it one rolled up on ebay and the scrappy though it was just a normal st225 one. One bargain of £30 later and it was mine.
Quick rub down and repaint for blue to black and all was good. Simple to fit and you really can feel a difference, this was before any uprated springs or dampers, that comes later.

P
Sorry mate not sure I understand, it reads as you replaced your rear ARB with a standard rear ARB?

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies, I will rewrite. I fitted an elevate rear anti roll bar from the breakers, they didn't realise it was an elevate one and charged the same as a standard st225 rear anti roll bar, elevate was around £160 at the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts