Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a very strange thing happen this morning.

Driving to work and check what miles i have left, says approx 80 miles left.
Park it up at work leave in ten min, then back out in it. 1 mile down road, pull up and leave it 15 minutes whilst on an appointment.

Come to start it, and accidently start it in gear

Do the usual, turn off then on, and petrol light comes on displaying i have 28 miles left, but yet i must have had minimum of 70 when i pulled up?

Has this happened to anyone before or does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
QUOTE(ST Rick B @ 11 Nov 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Had a very strange thing happen this morning.

Driving to work and check what miles i have left, says approx 80 miles left.
Park it up at work leave in ten min, then back out in it. 1 mile down road, pull up and leave it 15 minutes whilst on an appointment.

Come to start it, and accidently start it in gear

Do the usual, turn off then on, and petrol light comes on displaying i have 28 miles left, but yet i must have had minimum of 70 when i pulled up?

Has this happened to anyone before or does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks

The
has a very intricate brain and also feels pain, since you decided to start it in gear {which hurt its little cogs & bearings} it squirted 42 miles worth of your petrol on the floor as a punishment

sorry couldnt resist, havent a clue appart from i think it calculated the miles left on how you have been driving mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Something similar happened to mine the other day. The girlfriend forgot to turn the engine off when she put some petrol in
. Although the guage showed the tank was now half full, the display said it had 38 miles to empty and the petrol warning light remained on. Tried turning on/off etc but it stayed the same.
However, when I took it out for a drive later on it just jumped back to normal on its own - saying there was now 100 miles left or whatever it was. Strange.

·
1,285 Posts
QUOTE(Andy @ 11 Nov 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The
has a very intricate brain and also feels pain, since you decided to start it in gear {which hurt its little cogs & bearings} it squirted 42 miles worth of your petrol on the floor as a punishment

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Andy @ 11 Nov 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The

sorry couldnt resist, havent a clue appart from i think it calculated the miles left on how you have been driving mate

That did cross my mind. These females are so tempremental, wash her and clean her weekly, treat her with respect and buy her things and i make one little mistake and she punishses me

Thanks for all the replys though, filled up later on and all was ok. Ill keep an eye on it over next few days just encase

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
if you are driving along at a steady 60mph and doing 35mpg your display will show on your current use of fuel your good for another 70 miles, then pull up for a bit, start again with some in town stop start driving your now doing say 20mpg so your new range comes down to 30 miles, simple really if i read the op question correctly

ie the display tells you how far you can go on what the car is doing at that minute, not previously, a good example of this is do the following:

put the display on showing how far you have got left before you run out, drop a gear and floor it and watch the estimated miles drop like a stone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts