Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
The missus text me today and said the petrol cap is a
to remove isnt it?! yes I said and promptly got on the phone to the local Fraud stealer and ordered another one. (bearing in mind I`d had issues with it previously) all sorted I thought!

How wrong was I!
after several more texts (one being sarcy because it made a change for her to put petrol in her!) it transpires the actual FLAP had come away in her hand!
I thought!

Does anyone know how these should go back on or is it likely theres some stupid little clip thats gone walkies and therefore I need another one and have it painted? or do I choice the cheap option and glue the
back on?

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(Bobster200 @ 5 Feb 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The missus text me today and said the petrol cap is a
to remove isnt it?! yes I said and promptly got on the phone to the local Fraud stealer and ordered another one. (bearing in mind I`d had issues with it previously) all sorted I thought!

How wrong was I!
after several more texts (one being sarcy because it made a change for her to put petrol in her!) it transpires the actual FLAP had come away in her hand!
I thought!

Does anyone know how these should go back on or is it likely theres some stupid little clip thats gone walkies and therefore I need another one and have it painted? or do I choice the cheap option and glue the
back on?

This happened to me once when i was cleaning it! It just slots back in assuming that the plastic hinge bit isnt broken!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on closer inspection today all is not well! although the actual flap is now back on the hinge is broken!
from my bodyshop days I recall these coming as a housing but was never present when they were fitted - does anyone kknow what they are like to fit?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Managed to replace the housing today twas a bit fiddly and resulted in the use of a hacksaw blade to get the old one out.

Did drop the wheel arch liner to see whats what but probably didnt need to.

Also replaced the petrol cap as this wasnt working very well pulled the old one apart to find it broken internally - so if yours appears to not click/open very well its on its way out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.