Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there so much emphasis on 0-60 times? This only applies if your going to do traffic light starts. Has anyone got any figures for 30-50, 50-70 etc I'm sure that they would be more useful figures when overtaking etc

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had some of my own that I did over summer using torque for android and my obd port. Can't remember what they were now though lol was pretty impressed though and that was before I mapped the st

·
Registered
681 Posts
Agreed that they're pretty pointless, especially in front wheel drive hatches. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a 30-130 open track day next year.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
This article from Evo back in Sept 2009 has some of the figures that you're looking for: click me.

The figures are for an MP260 mind, not a stock ST225.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Why is there so much emphasis on 0-60 times? This only applies if your going to do traffic light starts. Has anyone got any figures for 30-50, 50-70 etc I'm sure that they would be more useful figures when overtaking etc
Much more useful, especially with the tendency for the ST to lunch its driveshafts after repeated launches

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm not overly bothered with 0-60 times, having said that I suppose it gives a good idea of how quick the car is in every day driving.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,084 Posts
Nice to read that again, that the Mountune is quicker than an RS on the straights

'From a standing start it holds its advantage all the way to 140mph, between 30 and 70mph it's 0.3sec clear and in sixth it destroys the RS through the mid-range, taking over two seconds out of it from 40 to 60mph and still holding a half-second lead between 80 and 100mph. There are a couple of places where the extra top-end power of the RS makes itself felt - 100-120mph in fifth, for instance, where 6.7sec plays 7.4sec - but just about everywhere else the ST has it, and in some cases by an embarrassing margin.'

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nice to read that again, that the Mountune is quicker than an RS on the straights

'From a standing start it holds its advantage all the way to 140mph, between 30 and 70mph it's 0.3sec clear and in sixth it destroys the RS through the mid-range, taking over two seconds out of it from 40 to 60mph and still holding a half-second lead between 80 and 100mph. There are a couple of places where the extra top-end power of the RS makes itself felt - 100-120mph in fifth, for instance, where 6.7sec plays 7.4sec - but just about everywhere else the ST has it, and in some cases by an embarrassing margin.'

Is that stock ST vs stock RS? I am finding it hard to believe that the ST is faster throughout the entire range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts