Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all

I'm considering bonnet vents for my
, but was wondering if anyone has regretted having it done and if so, why? They are afterall a rather permanent mod

If you don't want to post in this topic, please can you pm.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I have only had mine fitted for a couple of weeks and can't say that I have come accross any problems, with all this snow I have found that it falls through the vents into the engine bay but it just falls straight down to the bottom and doesn't really cause any problems.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Donna,I don't have bonnet vents fitted but I would predict the only problem you would encounter would be when you come to sell/trade in the ST...they are a 'marmite' mod on an ST in my opinion

Looking forward to seeing the pics if you decide to go ahead and get the vents fitted

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you have somewhere to store the standard bonnet safley?

If so my advice would be to do as i have done. Pick up a bonnet from a breakers or even fleebay. (i got mine for £40) and carry out the modification to that.

If you trade the car in you have the standard bonnet to put back on and the vented version to sell on. Win win.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
This is what Butsy has done,sourced a 2nd bonnet and had the work done to that

Another bonus doing that is that if you get the bonnet with the vents in painted and the match is poor you always have the old one stashed somewhere to put back on for selling with the original paint match

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same, i have cosworth vents sitting in my shed. Question tho is the standard bonnet the same as the ST one ? It would make a lot of sence having the second bonnet ??

Thanks
J

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I ve had mine on for almost a year Donna, no regrets at all, that is a good idea about getting a spare bonnet, but i have enough standard parts all over the place without a bonnet coffee table.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i,ve just had mine on a week now and absolutely love them, without doubt the best cosmetic mod i have ever had done to a car, just makes it look so mean, i have also kept the bits alan cut out when he was doing the job so if i ever sell the car i will just glue them back in so it looks standard

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 25 Feb 2010, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont do it lol. First reason is why?

as has been said many times on this forum, this would be a very boring place if every one did the same thing, its seeing cars with diferent themes/ideas which makes this place interesting, who wants to go to a meet with lines and lines of factory standard cars ?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
QUOTE(Donna @ 25 Feb 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Afternoon all

I'm considering bonnet vents for my
, but was wondering if anyone has regretted having it done and if so, why? They are afterall a rather permanent mod

If you don't want to post in this topic, please can you pm.

Thanks in advance

hi im thinking about doin this aswell (its alot of cash though for what it is) but the thing im not sure about is what colour to do the vents do u go silver or something different was thinking anthricite or black? not sure how it would look

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
TBH if i had a silver ST i would have the vents colour coded, i don't think any other colour would loook good
but there again it's your car and your decision at the end of the day

I know these are not the latest spec RS vent's but still give's you a bit of an idea of what your bonnet will could look like.
VentsFront1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies - you really are a helpful bunch
I didn't receive any pms either from people who had regretted doing it, so that has really helped me make my mind up

For me it's going to have to be colour coded vents - thanks for the piccie Chris

Mat --> I like that the colour coded vents are quite subtle (well as subtle as two holes in your bonnet can be) and that suits me, but if you fancy a different colour go for it - you could always paint them silver at a later date.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(Therion @ 26 Feb 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Other than aesthetic reasons, do they lower engine bay temps significantly ? ?

Not to sure about actual temperature, but you would be amazed at how much heat they let escape, especially in the warmer months. Plus they are fitted in the same place as the RS vents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts