Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an NHS pension and need some advise please. The NHS are giving staff the option of changing it to a newer one but im not sure if i am better off keeping the one i have or changing. If anyone could help me out i would be grateful. Please send me a pm for more information as its not really something i want to discuss in depth on the forum. Thank you

·
Registered
241 Posts
QUOTE(Sus @ 15 Feb 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have an NHS pension and need some advise please. The NHS are giving staff the option of changing it to a newer one but im not sure if i am better off keeping the one i have or changing. If anyone could help me out i would be grateful. Please send me a pm for more information as its not really something i want to discuss in depth on the forum. Thank you

I have PM'd you with comments!!

Lizzy

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lizzy, emm Allan i just dont understand the ins and outs of it all plus i have only been with the NHS since 2007 and i just want to know what the best choice is for me. Wish they made it a little more easier to understand to be honest.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
QUOTE(Sus @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Lizzy, emm Allan i just dont understand the ins and outs of it all plus i have only been with the NHS since 2007 and i just want to know what the best choice is for me. Wish they made it a little more easier to understand to be honest.
Sarah is in the same boat as you she joined 2006 is going to speak with my cousin who is a financial advisor to get some help can pm you his comments/thoughts if this can help

·
Registered
259 Posts
Still waiting for our letters and hopefully some advice. Have you looked at the NHS Pensions website?
I have been in the scheme for nearly 20 years, so in my opinion, I will be sticking to the "old scheme", as I think it is the better option.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Whenever an organisation makes a change like this, you can bet it's unlikely that it's been done in the interests of the employee and not the organisation...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made my decision and the paperwork has been sent, decided to stick with what i have and not go for the new version as it is more in my favour ie wanting the option to retire at 55. I really can not see myself plodding on at 65.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Hi Sus,

I forgot about this thread

I received my pack last week and I'm 100% staying in old scheme. So is Noot.

Far bigger lump sum and far bigger yearly pension. Plus you get to retire earlier.

The only people that i can see benefiting are those who wish to work until they are at least 65. They will then drop dead the next day.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Whenever an organisation makes a change like this, you can bet it's unlikely that it's been done in the interests of the employee and not the organisation...
That is so true.

I've just received a pack about joining the NHS Pension Scheme, so therefore I will be in the new scheme. The older scheme does look better so I think you've both made the right choice to stay as you are

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hi Sus

I am a bank manager and I work very closely with a regulated pensions adviser. If you pm me the details I will ask him to look over it on Friday morning when we meet up and let you know what he says.

HTH

Joe

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Joe but i have already spoken to someone about it and iv decided to stay with the original pension as im better off as allan says in his post

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.