Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry:As well of getting my first ever 3 points on my liscense for doing 39 in a 30 when i was just going with the flow of traffic, anyway my paypal account has been hacked and £170 in twelve payments has been removed from my bank account all going to unknown source in france! hopefully i will get the money back but i thought it was safe? paypal told me alot of people were hit at the weekend with this,has anyone else been affected?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sounds like you've put your password into one of those 'e-mails' which claim to be from paypal, If you havent already, log on www.paypal.co.uk and change your password.

It will take the crooks 5 days to withdraw the payment, as you've detected it soon enough, their account will be frozen, and you should get your money back.

Good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its utter ballocks isnt it.!!!!

Paypal is not safe and anyone who thinks it is is a moron. No offence intended to you guys above..

I stopped using paypal in Jan 09 as £1600 was taken from my bank account. It took over 6months to get it back. Previous to that i just about lost £900 paying for someone elses c_rap on Dabs.com. Luckly i noticed it the same day as i used paypal regular at the time and i had the transaction stopped.

if i need to pay someone i send a cheque or transfer the money direct to their bank account.

Hope you get it sorted buddy. BTW paypal are usless.. i swear its an yank based call center.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(rob2006 @ 10 Feb 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its utter ballocks isnt it.!!!!

Paypal is not safe and anyone who thinks it is is a moron. No offence intended to you guys above..

I stopped using paypal in Jan 09 as £1600 was taken from my bank account. It took over 6months to get it back. Previous to that i just about lost £900 paying for someone elses c_rap on Dabs.com. Luckly i noticed it the same day as i used paypal regular at the time and i had the transaction stopped.

if i need to pay someone i send a cheque or transfer the money direct to their bank account.

Hope you get it sorted buddy. BTW paypal are usless.. i swear its an yank based call center.
they wont get too much outta my bank, im
skint at the minute

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I got a call yesterday from a fraud department after someone tried to get a store credit card in my name. They knew my name and address and my rough age. The store were suspicious as the date of birth they gave as wrong and flagged up. Thankfully the store card has been cancelled before anything was spent.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yup anyone using paypal should like me

open a basic bank account just for paypal

no overdraft etc

if you do transfer money from paypal to the bank account make sure you set up online banking and the ability to transfer money from the basic account to your current acount

make sure no money left in it

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(ME-GRIMLOCK @ 10 Feb 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yup anyone using paypal should like me

open a basic bank account just for paypal

no overdraft etc

if you do transfer money from paypal to the bank account make sure you set up online banking and the ability to transfer money from the basic account to your current acount

make sure no money left in it

Thats exactly what i did... but they pulled that money from my bank account the day it went in!

I set the account up to hold the payments i recieved from breaking my skyline so booger me it doesnt seem to matter what you do

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers,Think as soon as I get my money back and the restriction is off I am going to close this account,as regards to replying to dodgy email basically I don't,I have a virus free mac I change my password religiousally ever month on all my accounts so it's not like I am an easy target!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts