Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I expect this post will get deleated but think that when i post a discussion in the forum " Website Feedback and suggestions" that it should be allowed to be discussed.

Rather than at 10.50pm last night one of the admin team saying the for "parts for sale forum" wont change end of discussion and then locking the thread!!!

Whats the point of having a feedback and suggestion forum then ????

Ady

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Ady,

You gave your feedback and suggestions, and two members of the Admin Team took the time to give our reasons.

I am not going to repeat our reasons, nor am I going to close this thread. If you wish to keep on going on about it
fire on.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Ady

At the time of the original change there was a long thread, some raised objections, myself included. It was none the less decided that the format of the forums should change. The clearest part of the decision making in this regard, is that the change was made to save staff an overhead in terms of time and effort dealing with the occasional thread that spiraled out of control. That I can respect as the staff do the admin for free, why should they have to burden themselves in this way. There is the converse argument of course that the members pay for the service of the club and therefore why should this be their concern, I for one do not buy that one for one minute.

Despite being a naysayer, I have to say that the new format seems fairer to sellers, but perhaps marginally less fair to buyers and I really dont think it is worth the breath to argue it as the difference is very small. I havent bought anything from here since the change, and because of the kind of consumer I am probably never will again as the threads simply do not come to prevalence often enough to notice. I know some are far more comfortable with the way it is now also, so its swings and roundabouts, you cant please all of the people all of the time but in this case I think most people are unmoved and therefore any change is fine, and as said before it saves staff time which is another good thing.

I guess there is a 3rd way and that is to simply remove the ability to sell on the forum! That would quieten both sides of the debate!

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
It may surprise you to know that there was an equal amount of debate between Staff when this change was proposed, however a decision was reached and we moved on. I have no problem with anyone who disagrees with the decision but please understand when we are reticent to reply to the same points being raised over and over again.

Airing you views is fine, but that does not obligate anyone to respond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.