Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue where the chimes seem to change tone? E.g. parking sensors, door open etc.

Usually it is a clear sound through the audio system but sometimes it changes to coming from a cheaper sounding speaker below the steering wheel?

There doesn’t seem to be any obvious pattern to which sound will be used upon starting the vehicle.

Cheers

·
Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,498 Posts
It's due to power savings most often, but it can occasionally happen other times too.

The parking sensors play through the speakers, if for some reason it can't communicate with the audio module, then it will fallback to a backup speaker behind the dash.

I usually get it after cleaning the car when the system will turn things off to save power. But I can also randomly get it when there must have been a delay in boot up of the audio module or something, so it fallsback to the backup beeper.

It's completely normal and is designed to not leave you with no beeps in the event it can't use the main speakers. My Fiesta did the same thing.

·
Registered
Sarah - Mountune M365 - Focus ST MK4
380 Posts
My front ones sometimes sound a lot more high pitched. They still work and the sound doesn't change too often so just left it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts