Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone, I went to the local ford dealer and have got a pretty good deal on a brand new ST, Going to have a test drive tomorrow when they get their demonstrator back but the only thing i'm a little unsure of is that I haven't yet seen one with the standard black wheels.

I saw one yesterday with the silver wheels and it looked good.

Does anyone have any pics of a Black ST with the Black wheels before I purchase??

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I don't think it will look right. It might look "too" black.

I'd spec Silver wheels. I like the way they stand out from the black paint on mine

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got the black wheels on my Electric White one last month and was glad I did. They make it stand out a bit and the white definitely does seem to carry off the black wheels nicely. I'm not too sure if black would look right with black wheels. As already said, there won't be much of a contrast between body and wheels. However it could look pretty stealthy with black wheels...?? You really need to see a picture of them fitted, or better still see one in the flesh before you decide. One thing to bear in mind, they are a real pain to keep clean and unless you use very soft brushes and the mildest cleaners, they mark pretty easily. Tar doesn't show up though..!!!

Found this car for sale on Autotrader, hope it helps..... Actually seeing this, I think it looks pretty classy with black wheels...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(NobbysNuts @ 28 Feb 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got the black wheels on my Electric White one last month and was glad I did. They make it stand out a bit and the white definitely does seem to carry off the black wheels nicely. I'm not too sure if black would look right with black wheels. As already said, there won't be much of a contrast between body and wheels. However it could look pretty stealthy with black wheels...?? You really need to see a picture of them fitted, or better still see one in the flesh before you decide.

I really would have liked to have seen one in the flesh but finding anywhere near me (warrington) that even has an ST in stock is a nightmare!!

I have searched the web aswell and can't find any decent pics, I even thought about sea grey to give a bit of contrast?

·
Registered
536 Posts
QUOTE(nickosbad @ 28 Feb 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I really would have liked to have seen one in the flesh but finding anywhere near me (warrington) that even has an ST in stock is a nightmare!!

I have searched the web aswell and can't find any decent pics, I even thought about sea grey to give a bit of contrast?

Hi Nick,

If you buy anything from Polar Ford in Warrington check it mm by mm before leaving - mine had a small fault which I missed which after 2 months of trying they didn't sort out for me - had to take it elsewhere in the end.

I'd go for silver I think mate, although like you say it's difficult to tell on pictures - always look better in the flesh, they would probably look better if the car was lowered on eibachs too.

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(HollST @ 28 Feb 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Nick,

If you buy anything from Polar Ford in Warrington check it mm by mm before leaving - mine had a small fault which I missed which after 2 months of trying they didn't sort out for me - had to take it elsewhere afterwards.

I'd go for silver I think mate, althouhg like you say it's difficult to tell on pictures - always look better in the flesh, they would probably look good if the car was lowered on eibachs.

Andy

Went to St Helens ford rather than Warrington, they've always been great with my GF's parents. I'm thinking that i'll probably go for silver, the black wheels look great on the white but GF is not too keen on white cars and black on black does look a bit too black I think.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ive got silver facelift alloys, I want those black ones and don't mind swapping
only done 1200 miles !!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's ordered!!!

Ended up going for Sea Grey ST3 as we saw a few zetec s fiestas in this colour and they really looked good.

Silver wheels added (only think we couldn't get was Bluetooth and voice control as there would have been a 10 week wait but I probably wouldn't have used them anyway)

Thanks for the help guys

Nick

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I prefer the contrast of lighter wheels on a darker car, and darker wheels on a lighter car. I think you made the right choice personally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts