Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a look on search but couldn't find anything

which panel filter does everyone think is best pipercross or K&N? or even just standard?

And another thing which is nothing to do with that is how much oil does the ST engine hold? and is it easy enough to change the oil filter with the airbox in place?

any help appreciated

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
They ar eall much of a much-ness, there has been talk of the oil form catton filters (K&N) messing with the MAF sensor but I think this is relatively rare.

I had a Pipercross in our lasses which is a foam filter.

You could always go for an ITG or BMC, both very well respected filter manufactures in the motorsport world but do not do much advertising/only a few suppliers hence you probably don't seem them very often.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The K&N is good enough to be included as part of the Mountune 260 upgrade which is Ford warranty compatible.

The ST engine takes 6.5L of oil give or take a drop, to get the filter out with the standard airbox in place there are some knacks apparently (I don't know them
) otherwise you'll need to undo things and shift the airbox over slightly - the one time I tried it I found you could undo the filter cap easily enough but there wasn't space to get it out without moving the airbox over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts