Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks a took ma car into a gargage today and they quoted me roughly £500 to spray my fog surrounds, grills and spoiler black, as i have a FW ST-3.

Does this seem expensive or sound about right as i have no idea what it should cost, if it is expensive where's the best place around glasgow to get it done?

Cheers

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(evilone @ 22 Dec 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seems steep to me, done the grills myself so i'm not sure on the price tbh but that seems excessive

thats what a thought, had a look on the site but can't find any recommended bodyshops in or around glasgow

if anyone knows any it would be a real help

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Bockle3286 @ 22 Dec 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thats what a thought, had a look on the site but can't find any recommended bodyshops in or around glasgow

if anyone knows any it would be a real help
What the
are they painting it with?

that's an extortionate price

I paid £120 for grilles and fog surrounds to be done a year or 2 ago, bit more than expected but it is a top class job they did. On that sort of rate maybe it would have cost £200 if a spoiler was done too at a rough guess. £500 is taking the micky!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
suppose if a give it ago and a muck it up a could ake it to a body shop, just hopeless at things like that, well thats what i'll do over the holidays i'll let you all know how a get on

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Itdepends on what they will actually do.

Assuming they rub the plastic down so there are no dimples left on the fog surrounds etc then the price does not seem too bad for a good job

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Does seem very expensive for just those bits tbh.....
£300 is what i would expect as the spoiler only needs flatting and repainting anyway.

8hrs labour ( 1 day !!! ) plus paint ... dont forget being painted by a bodyshop ties up their spraybooth from other jobs !!!

QUOTE(Dennis @ 22 Dec 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Itdepends on what they will actually do.

Assuming they rub the plastic down so there are no dimples left on the fog surrounds etc then the price does not seem too bad for a good job

2 pack filler primer will do the same job !!!!!! - without the hard work either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.