Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With some insperation from the AS product but not willing to pay the price tag i preped and painted my engine covers last weekend.

I masked off the ST badge, painted the cover and then sanded the paint off the ford oval and duratec before the top coat went on.

Came out sweet, just needs a drop off polish to bring the colour right out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(rob2006 @ 13 Feb 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With some insperation from the AS product but not willing to pay the price tag i preped and painted my engine covers last weekend.

I masked off the ST badge, painted the cover and then sanded the paint off the ford oval and duratec before the top coat went on.

Came out sweet, just needs a drop off polish to bring the colour right out.

Now, i'm not normally into that sort of thing, but have to say that is the biz, may even go down the same route.

Tidy fella well done

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it was acrylic paint but i'm not 100% sure. A local auto shop mixed it for me and i used a full tin off Simoniz clear top coat.

The cover is very easy to remove its held down with torx bolts. You need to remove the Upper I/C Pipe fully and also the pipe running along the left of the engine. Getting it back on is the challenge! you dont want to mark your fresh paint.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Looks great - my question would be how did you mask the "ST" badge so well?

I can understand simply painting over the "Ford" and "Duratec" lettering and then sanding back, but how did you get such a good result with the "ST" badge?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts